Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's because his body is not capable of it anymore. He looks uncomfortable and unnatural trying to do anything, you can spot it a mile off. Even those finishes that he used to love where the ball comes across his body and he'd sweep it into the far corner, he's tried it about 5 times this season and missed the ball every time, it's sad to witness.

Yeah, I wish that weren't true. I really wonder though, is it just a marketing PR exercise then ?

Yeah I suppose so. I'm just TRYING to imagine the fairytale working - if he's the slow, unfit one, but everyone else is fast around him, can we carry him in the team as a good passer? You think that even his passing is slow?
Even his farts are slow now mate.

I want Rooney to be a clogger?

Wait, what?

Do you actually watch him? I just don't get why people still think he can play at the highest level? Delusion.

I honestly don't understand his positional sense.

if you are played as a centre forward, at no point, other than perhaps a corner should you be anywhere near your own 18 yard box.

this is what caused his problems at United during his last couple of seasons.

Fergie utilized him as cnetre midfield at times but played with an out and out striker ahead of him, this seems to have confused waynes role within a team, esp when he is the CF. he deems it appropriate to cover at leftback, centre defence and midfield, when we solely want him as our number 9.

he has definatly lost his positional awareness.

lets face it, the lad has more miles on his clock than a London black cab.

its not as if he has looked after his body either. he smokes and drinks.

its quite hard making work as a site worker on a Monday after an allnight session on a Saturday night that goes on till sunday morning, let alone be able to to produce a match winning performance in a premier league fixture that week.

I honestly don't understand his positional sense.
if you are played as a centre forward, at no point, other than perhaps a corner should you be anywhere near your own 18 yard box.
this is what caused his problems at United during his last couple of seasons.
Fergie utilized him as cnetre midfield at times but played with an out and out striker ahead of him, this seems to have confused waynes role within a team, esp when he is the CF. he deems it appropriate to cover at leftback, centre defence and midfield, when we solely want him as our number 9.
he has definitly lost his positional awareness.

All he has lost is the 90 min legs to do all that covering. His mind is still writing cheques his legs can't cash. I wouldn't mind if he played in front of the defence or up front just as long as he did that job properly and didn't try to do 3 men's jobs poorly.
If we had faster younger defenders we would play higher up the pitch and this would lessen the area EVERYBODY had to cover.
If he was up front he should take a leaf out of Lukaku's book and run the lowest distance in the Prem...how are lukaku's United distance stats I wonder.

Some of Rooney's problems are of his own ( including the ale), but Rooney is part of the team and a lot of the Team problems are down to Koeman.

All he has lost is the 90 min legs to do all that covering. His mind is still writing cheques his legs can't cash. I wouldn't mind if he played in front of the defence or up front just as long as he did that job properly and didn't try to do 3 men's jobs poorly.
If we had faster younger defenders we would play higher up the pitch and this would lessen the area EVERYBODY had to cover.
If he was up front he should take a leaf out of Lukaku's book and run the lowest distance in the Prem...how are lukaku's United distance stats I wonder.

Some of Rooney's problems are of his own ( including the ale), but Rooney is part of the team and a lot of the Team problems are down to Koeman.

We're trying to sign a partner up top for Rooney, Franz Zimmer from RB Leipzig !!

I want Rooney to be a clogger?

Wait, what?

Do you actually watch him? I just don't get why people still think he can play at the highest level? Delusion.

ha ha - no mate, i haven't been to pretty much every game this season.

What's completely delusional is the notion that one player is causing our entire team to be dross. He's "killing us" apparently.

We have so many issues, from defence to midfield, to up front. And yet no, Soap reckons it's Rooney who is "killing us".

You used the perfect word. Delusion.

He's been on way of our best players this season. Not a striker but when played deeper, especially coming off the bench, he has been quality.

Just don't play him upfront or longer than 60 minutes ffs

ha ha - no mate, i haven't been to pretty much every game this season.

What's completely delusional is the notion that one player is causing our entire team to be dross. He's "killing us" apparently.

We have so many issues, from defence to midfield, to up front. And yet no, Soap reckons it's Rooney who is "killing us".

You used the perfect word. Delusion.

he defo aint helping, playing out of position for 85 mins of each game

The club did not swap Lukaku for Rooney, Lukaku was leaving no matter what, Rooney came as a separate deal & was not a direct replacement for Lukaku, Lukaku should of been replaced with another top striker.

Honestly - In all my time supporting the club "swopping" Lukaku for Rooney - in that we've had games with him upfront this season when we had Rom last season - is the most depressing thing we've done because I genuinely thought we would kick on.

Lukaku should of been replaced with another top striker.

is the most depressing thing we've done because I genuinely thought we would kick on.

But we didn't, did we? Is the point...

I'm not saying the intention was to have Rooney upfront in lieu of Lukaku - but that's what has happened - who started upfront vs Brighton?! Piss poor.

To blame Rooney for our clubs poor form this season is unfair

He's part of the problem. He slows the final third down and he's given too much autonomy which disrupts the overall play. You can give world class/top players a license to roam, he's no longer that and becomes a liability.

Before we signed him I said he would be a problem.
When we signed him I said he would be a problem.
Now he's here, I'm not going to change my opinion just because he now plays for Everton.

He's too slow - Mourinho saw it, England saw it - he doesn't get in any team in the top six, so why are we paying him a daft amount each week and worse, giving him an integral part in the side?! Because he's a "name" and a blue?

We needed better than him upfront.
We needed better than him in the "number 10"

Sigurdsson/Barkley are both better than him in the number 10.

Rooney has pushed Sigurdsson out to the left, and put any chance of Barkley staying to bed.

Rooney will roll back the years and turn up every blue moon, but most weeks he is this;

Absolute scenes on here when he bags a hat trick and/or scores a last minute winner tonight.

My last sentence on the post above yours...

And he should do better (pace wise) against Ligue 1's 6th placed, second string.

C'mon Wayne, earn twice the contract we offered Barkley.

Not sure about Lukaku's distance stats, but he is close to scoring more than twice the number of goals than the WHOLE Everton team in the last few weeks. :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back