2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
In our current predicament, he should be used as a number 9, similar to Shearer in his latter days. Should not move wider than penalty box and not drop back past the half way line.

All his efforts should be spent in bullying their centre backs and making sure he's dropping into goal scoring positions to give whoever is on the ball an option.

Also agree with those that say he shouldn't be a certain starter.

In our current predicament, he should be used as a number 9, similar to Shearer in his latter days. Should not move wider than penalty box and not drop back past the half way line.

All his efforts should be spent in bullying their centre backs and making sure he's dropping into goal scoring positions to give whoever is on the ball an option.

Also agree with those that say he shouldn't be a certain starter.

He'd need a strong manager to tell him that though...

Whoever gets him to stick to one position/job...preferably one that doesn't involve running round like he was 10yrs younger - and just let him play the ball, will go a long way towards solving both his and our problems.

Whoever gets him to stick to one position/job...preferably one that doesn't involve running round like he was 10yrs younger - and just let him play the ball, will go a long way towards solving both his and our problems.

That's why you need a strong manager that will throw him up against the changies and web him all over the place because he is an arrogant cnt and tell him to do a job....he's getting payed enough plus he's past his best.

I was against his return and posted it on here and other blues forums many times. I said there's no point 'effectively swapping tomorrows player for yesterdays' with Rom going the other way, but many fellow Evertonians talked utter rubbish about his departure would mean the goals would be now 'shared around'.

Four different league goalscorers by mid-November. Goals to be 'shared around' eh?? Hardly.

That said, take away Rooney's goals and we could well have been rock bottom, but, I hope over time to be proved wrong about him coming back, though, I have my doubts.

Well he probably did but we needed the money thanks to Johnson

Johnson sold up 5 years before the sale of Rooney so it's folly to blame him for our financial situation by 2004. BK and his cronies had enough time to sort our finances out and had obviously failed by that year.

So if the self-styled 'worlds biggest Blue' and his mob had failed to sort out our money problems after five sodding years it enhances the fact his mob where, and are, totally out of their depth.

Last edited:

...I was happy with Rooney’s return, suggesting at the time that he needs to be used sparingly. I remain of that view. He has demonstrated he still has something to offer but he needs to be utilised so we get the best out of him.

From what teammates say he’s a very good influence off the pitch and other than the obvious drink drive incident he has raised the club’s profile.

Well he probably did but we needed the money thanks to Johnson
Johnson refused more money for Royle to blow.
That's why you need a strong manager that will throw him up against the changies and web him all over the place because he is an arrogant cnt and tell him to do a job....he's getting payed enough plus he's past his best.
Rooney is still our best player, we have the worst midfield in the prem when we include Schneiderlin & Gueye, and a very inferior youth-crop coming up. I just hope Barkley will stay.

All very well and good, but it doesn’t change the fact that we are a better and more dynamic team without him on the pitch. As indeed were United for the the past 2 seasons.

Mourinho's direct counter attacking football is indeed more entertaining to watch than Van Gaal's ponderous possession based style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back