2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

But he would thrive ... the rest would just be saved from. The embarrassedment
Maybe so. Maybe not. Been a great player (unfortunately we didnt see his best years). There's an argument for sayimg we simply didn't build the team in the right way around him this summer. That ship (and the funds) have sailed. He's 32 now, so whilst he can still see a pass (and also sometimes not), I'm not sure he's got that long left at the top. This season is about surviving now. He's a blue, and he'll fight for the cause. But his influence is diminishing. Just my opinion.

Maybe so. Maybe not. Been a great player (unfortunately we didnt see his best years). There's an argument for sayimg we simply didn't build the team in the right way around him this summer. That ship (and the funds) have sailed. He's 32 now, so whilst he can still see a pass (and also sometimes not), I'm not sure he's got that long left at the top. This season is about surviving now. He's a blue, and he'll fight for the cause. But his influence is diminishing. Just my opinion.

Why would you build your team around a 32 year old who was clearly already on the decline and had been for several years? United didn’t want him near their match-day squad, never-mind their starting 11. England who are total garbage don’t even want him around. At best he should have been a 60 minute substitute or starting 1 game in 3. Ideally he should be in the MLS or playing in Shanghai, but someone at Everton decided that his return would get us trending on twitter and it was just too romantic to pass up the opportunity to bring him home and put him in his blue pyjamas with his Everton teddy. Makes me vomit. He’s about as blue as the river Mersey.

Honestly I don’t care anymore about who is and who isn’t a blue. Look at what good that has done us- we have David Unsworth totally floundering and have people saying he should stay on because he “gets us”. What’s to get? Being a serial loser? He’s had a great start then if that’s our ethos.

He's done. He's been done for years. Get him out. Deckard said MLS or China. Those leagues are too good for him. The Welsh or Irish leagues would be more suitable. Fag-smoking piss head is about right.

Why would you build your team around a 32 year old who was clearly already on the decline and had been for several years? United didn’t want him near their match-day squad, never-mind their starting 11. England who are total garbage don’t even want him around. At best he should have been a 60 minute substitute or starting 1 game in 3. Ideally he should be in the MLS or playing in Shanghai, but someone at Everton decided that his return would get us trending on twitter and it was just too romantic to pass up the opportunity to bring him home and put him in his blue pyjamas with his Everton teddy. Makes me vomit. He’s about as blue as the river Mersey.

Honestly I don’t care anymore about who is and who isn’t a blue. Look at what good that has done us- we have David Unsworth totally floundering and have people saying he should stay on because he “gets us”. What’s to get? Being a serial loser? He’s had a great start then if that’s our ethos.

Didn't Southgate call him up to the squad the other month?

The good thing about hopefully getting Silva as manager, is that he has seen how bad Rooney is recently.

He went off against Watford and our whole play improved.

Silva has aged a bit in the last few weeks.

191312 (1).webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back