2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you build your team around a 32 year old who was clearly already on the decline and had been for several years? United didn’t want him near their match-day squad, never-mind their starting 11. England who are total garbage don’t even want him around. At best he should have been a 60 minute substitute or starting 1 game in 3. Ideally he should be in the MLS or playing in Shanghai, but someone at Everton decided that his return would get us trending on twitter and it was just too romantic to pass up the opportunity to bring him home and put him in his blue pyjamas with his Everton teddy. Makes me vomit. He’s about as blue as the river Mersey.

Honestly I don’t care anymore about who is and who isn’t a blue. Look at what good that has done us- we have David Unsworth totally floundering and have people saying he should stay on because he “gets us”. What’s to get? Being a serial loser? He’s had a great start then if that’s our ethos.
I meant there's an argument (in the context of replying to the orginal post) for saying it, not that I agreed with it. As in, we brought in the right players that complimented his game (remaining attributes) which I also said are diminishing. We cleatly didnt do that, or indeed have any kind of cohesive plan.
If we'd not brought in all those number 10s and signed a striker(or two) 2 centre backs and cover left back and a winger or pace merchant, Rooney might have offered something still. I was always indifferent to him coming back because his best days are clearly behind him.
I do think he's got more fire in his belly for Everton (which we're going to need) than most of the others though. I do agree it doesn't matter whether theyre Blues or not. We need them to stand up and be counted. Far too many wasters in this squad.

Last edited:

Bringing Rooney back is the exact same sentimentality and 'romanticism' that has certain members of the board pushing for Unsworth to have the job, also sums up the fact they think a 'true blue' story is worth more than actual competent decisions made at the club.

Said romantic’s departure is long overdue too.

Honestly thought he'd be a great signing, just pinging balls around and slotting in through balls.

Sadly, we don't have any wide players for him to ping balls out to and there is no striker for him to slot through balls to, so he's completely wasted and pointless even starting or playing right now.

Said romantic’s departure is long overdue too.

Lets be honest mate, we need a new Chairman, new CEO, at least those 2 spots replacing in the boardroom, a new Director of Football, a new Manager and at least 6-7 players thrown out the club with replacements coming in. I'd actually say that the 'ex player retirement home' which is our coaching staff needs binning as well, it's a legacy of the small time mentality which rewards players or ex players for effectively nothing but doing their jobs (poorly in most cases)

and every single one of those replacements need to be top end.

We are in an absolute mess from the very top down.

Moshiri (and hopefully with Usmanov 'advising' on choices) needs to do exactly what they did last time they had a company as rotten from top down as this club is, at Gazprom they absolutely gutted all the corrupt old guard and rebuilt the company from the CEO down, the exact same ruthless approach needs to be taken with the club - because no company can be allowed to be ran as an old boys network.

Major problem now though, is even with that desire - which must surely be present in Moshiris mind, is the fact that every single one of those wasters and leechers will band together against change - because they would know that their cushy little rackets would be over

Honestly thought he'd be a great signing, just pinging balls around and slotting in through balls.

Sadly, we don't have any wide players for him to ping balls out to and there is no striker for him to slot through balls to, so he's completely wasted and pointless even starting or playing right now.

Here's the thing though mate, United had Martial, Rashford, both very fast players and better than anything we have by a country mile, they also had other players with decent pace and movement, Lingaard, Young etc, they have fast overlapping fullbacks - one of whom was a former fast winger.

Yet Rooney absolutely stunk the gaff out for the last 3 years of his United career

It's somewhat similar to us excusing Baines by stating he has no one like Pienaar ahead of him or blaming the cb alongside him for not covering etc, sometimes players just age and it's not pretty when it happens, but time to face up to the simple fact - Rooney is finished at not even the top level but a level comfortably below that.

Is he really an Evertonian?

When my local club from Poland were doing really bad, one of the players who had some balls and passion said in front of the cameras that there are players in this team that deserve a slap and if they don’t want to play for the club they should koff.

Rooney is just one of the lads which are taking us down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back