Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could see as soon as the game started that his position was a deliberate ploy. Rooney on the ball is still class and if he is up front or in the hole he won't get the time and is now of an age were his legs are well behind his thinking and he will get caught out. Dropping deep to collect the ball and bringing us forward was ideal for him as he gets that little bit more time on the ball to show what he can do. That second goal happened because of his run from deep is not seen. Brilliant game tonight and pleased for him on his hattrick.
I missed the first 15 mins, I work until 8 but got in just after the first goal. But can see what you mean. Totally agree.

Had a fair few digs at Rooney over the past few weeks due to his escapades but tonight it all makes sense now. He's been dropping back so much recently because it appears it's his best position.

8 goals in 16 this season, 7 in 12 starts in the league. And apparently he wasn't worth getting on a free :s That's what i want from a captain. jagielka has been a great servant but never led in that sort of way for me. Obviously i don't mean in a goalscoring way because he's a centre back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back