Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

If he plays has to be in that role, get the feeling it will depend on the opposition as west ham gave him so much space and time last night.

Worried if he plays against a heavy pressing team if he will have half the influence though.

Shown he can't play as a 10 or 9 in this,team anymore though, so hopefully he can adjust to this new role which I seem to remember he bosses the game against us in the semi a few years ago playing, again against a team that didn't press at all that day.

If he plays has to be in that role, get the feeling it will depend on the opposition as west ham gave him so much space and time last night.

Worried if he plays against a heavy pressing team if he will have half the influence though.

Shown he can't play as a 10 or 9 in this,team anymore though, so hopefully he can adjust to this new role which I seem to remember he bosses the game against us in the semi a few years ago playing, again against a team that didn't press at all that day.

...yep, he was like a Quarterback in American Football. I just love watching the fella, always have done. He has that rare ability that only some have that makes it look like he wears carpet slippers to play. I agree with you but I still think he needs to be used sparingly.

The ‘hit’ for that goal was so special, he cut down on the ball like a golfer does to drill it low below the wind. He didn’t try and strike it hard but it flew pure and straight. It was an Excotet.

...yep, he was like a Quarterback in American Football. I just love watching the fella, always have done. He has that rare ability that only some have that makes it look like he wears carpet slippers to play. I agree with you but I still think he needs to be used sparingly.

The ‘hit’ for that goal was so special, he cut down on the ball like a golfer does to drill it low below the wind. He didn’t try and strike it hard but it flew pure and straight. It was an Excotet.

I think his time as a number 9 has to be over. Not only did he have a cracking game, and score a hat trick in a traditional central midfield position, but the players around him looked far more at ease with Wayne's forward distribution. Gueye probably had his best gane of the season. I know obviously the second goal will become iconic, but the second doesn't happen if he's the center forward. It's one of those late arrival goals, more scholes like if anything. It's been so frustrating watching him struggle badly up front.

Glad I was able to watch the game live on a stream to witness first hand that wonder goal, Oh to have been in GSE last night to see that coming.

A real touch of class, just shows may not have the same pace but there is no doubting his football brain.

I think his time as a number 9 has to be over. Not only did he have a cracking game, and score a hat trick in a traditional central midfield position, but the players around him looked far more at ease with Wayne's forward distribution. Gueye probably had his best gane of the season. I know obviously the second goal will become iconic, but the second doesn't happen if he's the center forward. It's one of those late arrival goals, more scholes like if anything. It's been so frustrating watching him struggle badly up front.

..I thought his 2nd was terrific as well, Tim. As you say, Scholes or Lampard had that desire to hit the box from deep as Rooney did.

The problem we've had since the start of the season is having a ball playing CM.

Klassen isn't one. Sigurdsson isn't either.

We got away with it for a few seasons by having Barry (who was more cultured than Morgan for eg) and Barkley who'd drop deep for the ball.

Again, goes back to the utter flop of a transfer window we had and Koeman almost killing us for being clueless

However, Rooney is good when given space in that position. He gets marked out or harassed he'll be a bit of a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back