Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a night when I feel we have lost a bit of what it means to be Everton the 4-0 win was defiantly a nice surprise. While I didn't want us to bring Rooney back to the club I am only too happy to have him prove me wrong. My hope is that he continues to make me look foolish for his time here.
I am happy we won for Unsworth on his last game and won in some style, while he was clearly out of his depth as 1st team manager he was called upon and he didn't shirk. A true Evertonian. I am also happy Fat Sam didn't take over following another bad defeat, I could see him putting 10 men behind the ball on Saturday and stealing a 1-0 win and then being hailed as the great saviour. While the squad he has is not top six they are certainly not bottom six, with a couple of buys they could be improved greatly.
As with most seasons being a fan, last year being the exception, I just want to get to the end of this one, send Fat Sam on his way and then start to rebuild.

Credit for a good performance but please don’t get carried away. The last 4 years prove that he is not capable of any kind of sustained performance.

West Ham like us are a poor team that afforded Rooney the time and space to dictate. This will not be there against better teams where he will be pressured and constantly give the ball away.

For me he should be no more than an impact player for cameo appearances and the occasional start. There will be a clamour for him to start in midfield now so he will get a couple of starts where he will get found out and then everybody will say he is a striker again. It is a continuous cycle

Credit for a good performance but please don’t get carried away. The last 4 years prove that he is not capable of any kind of sustained performance.

West Ham like us are a poor team that afforded Rooney the time and space to dictate. This will not be there against better teams where he will be pressured and constantly give the ball away.

For me he should be no more than an impact player for cameo appearances and the occasional start. There will be a clamour for him to start in midfield now so he will get a couple of starts where he will get found out and then everybody will say he is a striker again. It is a continuous cycle

As far as I'm aware though he's hardly ever played in a midfield three as he did last night.

I agree with you in principle, but - with Ross approaching a comeback - it'd be nice to see the two of them alternated in that position while Ross gets back to fitness.

1et39g.webp

Give it a break for gods sake
Hat trick MOM and there’s still room for a dig
Some people just need to admit they got it wrong.....but no, ‘he’s still crap’

He was absolutely stinking the gaff out for the first 10-15mins last night. Was trying to ping aimless 60yd balls and was giving West Ham the ball back far too frequently. He then scored the pen and he settled and ran the show.

Regardless of the amount of goals he's scored this season he's still been poor and needs to use last night as a platform to start putting in more consistent performances.

He was absolutely stinking the gaff out for the first 10-15mins last night. Was trying to ping aimless 60yd balls and was giving West Ham the ball back far too frequently. He then scored the pen and he settled and ran the show.

Regardless of the amount of goals he's scored this season he's still been poor and needs to use last night as a platform to start putting in more consistent performances.

?

People can’t help it, there’s still real hatred towards him out there.
Pity really....as I think he just might be a half decent player.
Maybe he isn’t and the haters are right ???

I've never ever slated him once since he signed because I can see how much it means to him to be back here, every game he puts 110% in.

Going to end up our top scorer and well into double figures, he's definitely been one of our best players this season.

...yep, he was like a Quarterback in American Football. I just love watching the fella, always have done. He has that rare ability that only some have that makes it look like he wears carpet slippers to play. I agree with you but I still think he needs to be used sparingly.

The ‘hit’ for that goal was so special, he cut down on the ball like a golfer does to drill it low below the wind. He didn’t try and strike it hard but it flew pure and straight. It was an Excotet.

agree mate, any team that sits off as a matter of their system/style, we should play him in that exact role, against teams that do a heavy press then we should use him as an impact player later when the opposition is tiring.

maybe the cleanest strike of a 'moving' ball i have seen - remember scholes hit some beauties as well - not from that distance though, besides that - only ever seen a ball sturck like that from a free-kick (roberto carlosesque)

Fantastic hat trick, pleased for Wayne as he was great last night...

Rooney still a great player scoring great goals that third goal had Evertonians jumping for joy all around the stadium a sight we need to see more this season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back