Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Rooney play in a free role in Midfield in Fat Sam's only England Game?

I seem to remember a statement along the lines of "I'm not going to tell Wayne how to play, he knows what to do already"

Ended up playing in a similar way to the West Ham game the other night.

He's been mostly poor for a few weeks, but was excellent on Wednesday.

I'm pretty sure I said that, if we were going to play him, we should play him from a deeper position, so I'm going to give myself a virtual, and pretty pointless, pat on the back, because he found a lot more time and space in that position. However, West Ham were pretty poor, so he wouldn't have got that much time and space against some other teams. But, credit where it's due, he was my MOTM on Wednesday.

Watch the goal from behind and the ref Michael Oliver. When it goes in he turns in slow motion sort of in shock looking at Rooney before putting the whistle to his mouth for the restart.

Proper funny, bet his head was wobbling all over the shop watching it ( great manoevre to make sure it didn't hit him as well )
Pure Matrix stuff from Oliver. Well done

He's been mostly poor for a few weeks, but was excellent on Wednesday.

I'm pretty sure I said that, if we were going to play him, we should play him from a deeper position, so I'm going to give myself a virtual, and pretty pointless, pat on the back, because he found a lot more time and space in that position. However, West Ham were pretty poor, so he wouldn't have got that much time and space against some other teams. But, credit where it's due, he was my MOTM on Wednesday.

Like wise mate.

A goal enjoyed worldwide

CF16FJZ.jpg

When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone....

When you're great at something, they'll tell you...

You were great Wayne Rooney against West ham well done...

By the end of the season united might regret having let him go for so little...can see him playing confortably in the middle for a couple more years. Great positioning and despite high pressure on him from Huddersfield, he keep playing the ball in the right spaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back