Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be interesting to see how he fares in centre midfield against a better side, who will no doubt swarm all over him; similar to how it seemed to work for England until they ran into Italy at whichever tournament it was that he played there.

It'll be interesting to see how he fares in centre midfield against a better side, who will no doubt swarm all over him; similar to how it seemed to work for England until they ran into Italy at whichever tournament it was that he played there.
Againt the RS and better teams he's going to need Gana and Davies to do a lot of running for him because he just doesn't have the legs anymore but he'll still be our best chance at creating something.

Againt the RS and better teams he's going to need Gana and Davies to do a lot of running for him because he just doesn't have the legs anymore but he'll still be our best chance at creating something.
I've long been against letting him play deep, but the options are so limited that I now think Allardyce may as well give him a run there.

I'm not expecting him to be effective against anyone other than the dregs of the league at home, but I suppose he's earned himself a proper go at it.

Somebody posted recently they had heard that Sam had picked the team against West Ham. Generally I think that post was greeted with disbelief but it was the first time he was played there by Unsworth, who had not played him at all in previous matches, it might be that Sam had more influence on that game than we hink.

Somebody posted recently they had heard that Sam had picked the team against West Ham. Generally I think that post was greeted with disbelief but it was the first time he was played there by Unsworth, who had not played him at all in previous matches, it might be that Sam had more influence on that game than we think.

I think that is beyond doubt.

Even if he did not pick the team nor dictate the tactics, and I do not for one second think he did either, his very presence at the ground on foot of the imminent announcement of his appointment would have definitely served as an attitude adjuster for those players starting the game.

I think that is beyond doubt.

Even if he did not pick the team nor dictate the tactics, and I do not for one second think he did either, his very presence at the ground on foot of the imminent announcement of his appointment would have definitely served as an attitude adjuster for those players starting the game.

If you go back Sam did visit the dressing room and spoke to the players about the importance of a clean sheet and scoring first.

Somebody posted recently they had heard that Sam had picked the team against West Ham. Generally I think that post was greeted with disbelief but it was the first time he was played there by Unsworth, who had not played him at all in previous matches, it might be that Sam had more influence on that game than we hink.

...everything that was said by Unsworth and Allardyce after the game suggests this was not the case. Indeed, I recall Allardyce saying he had no input into team selection at all. I do, however, think the change of Manager influenced the performance simply because it gave the whole place a lift.

I think he is class, been great the last 2 games .... sadly if we don't get a result at anfield everyone will turn on him again.

Seen at the utd game tonight, i can safely say i'm not overreacting by saying I hope he catches eye aids there you manc traitor...

Only kidding i couldn't care less where he goes as long as he isn't arrested and it effects his form for a month afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back