Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
That wage bill was an albatross hanging around United's neck. Rooney was willing to take a hometown discount on wages, but that wasn't happening for just any old club. The result was that the market for Rooney was limited, and that Everton could get away with paying a cut-rate transfer fee.
By all accounts Everton signed Rooney on a free and United paid half of Rooney wages for his 2 year contract up front.
Hence he can build his new 12 m pound house.
United got him off their books but it didn’t come cheap

He's been great the last two games but my only worry regarding Wayne heading into the derby would be his ability to play in midfield against Liverpool's pacey and energetic attack.

If we get too deep, his impact may be limited.

Gana and Davies - assuming those two start - will be key; they have to do Wayne's running for him, and make sure that when we do have the ball, Rooney is high enough up the pitch to have an impact.

Lennon and Gylfi need to be disciplined but stay up top, stretching the play - and I'd start Niasse over DCL personally.

He's been great the last two games but my only worry regarding Wayne heading into the derby would be his ability to play in midfield against Liverpool's pacey and energetic attack.

Gana and Davies - assuming those two start - will be key; they have to do Wayne's running for him, and make sure that when we do have the ball, Rooney is high enough up the pitch to have an impact.

Lennon and Gylfi need to be disciplined but stay up top, stretching the play - and I'd start Niasse over DCL personally.
I agree. Rooney's looked good in midfield against a couple of weak teams but I’m worried his lack of mobility will see him get found out on Sunday. Hope not like.

He’s got the passing range to play over the top of Liverpool’s press and turn them round. Too often we’ve played sideways and let them charge at us.

Spot on.

This is our match winner. It's about how we give him the space and time to do it.

I think its vital he plays there to be honest, Liverpool are one of the poorest defenses in the league. Hes not going to break from deep but he can make up ground with his distribution, pin point to open up space and create chances. He is vital tomorrow t any type of decent result.

He's captained England and ManUre. There is quite simply no argument against Rooney being captain of Everton. Nobody else, bar Coleman, is worthy of the armband.

Our derby winner right here. Give him the armband and don’t let the twin wet lettuces of Jags and Baines anywhere near the team talk.
His lungs will fall collapse after about 11 mins chasing salah, firminho or Mane or coutihno.

Mixed feelings about this week... Clearly he has the experience and swagger to deal with the occasion... And I think if he plays very deep he can be a link to get us up the pitch with his composure on the ball and range of passing. On the other hand if he plays deep he's going to have to defend and that's not his strength and he can get wound up and make silly challenges.

The situation is set up for him to score and continue the second honeymoon though. However if anyone is scoring the winner here it's Prince Oumar and you all know it deep in your hearts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back