Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was about 5 minutes behind the play at all times today and that was only up against Henderson. Should only be used every know and again now. Should not be starting games anymore. Finished.

The most damning indictment was he looked off the pace against Henderson and Milner who were both tired and lacking energy after Wednesday. The bang average Wijnaldum was dominating him.

When he went off the pace of the team went up markedly much like the cup game when he was about to be sent off because he couldn't get near them. He can't cut it against the top 6.

Can we keep him as a sub?

The problem with Rooney even in his peak was he needs regular minutes to stay sharp. He'd play the way he is now while coming back from injury until he got his fitness up.

I think he's better fitness wise when the games are coming thick and fast and he's getting a lot of minutes, but his legs have gone now. If he's only getting 20 minutes a week next season he won't be worth bringing on.

Complete lack of self awareness that he thinks he deserved to stay on the pitch. In his head he's Pirlo controlling the game, the reality is closer to when we had Gascoigne with us.

True but I think Bolasie should have been off first. Rooney is obviously a big influence in the dressing room and I think Sam has shot himself in the foot here. He needs all players on board if he wants any chance of keeping this job.

Complete lack of self awareness that he thinks he deserved to stay on the pitch. In his head he's Pirlo controlling the game, the reality is closer to when we had Gascoigne with us.

Sad but close to the truth this. MLS is ripe for him now.

Small-time us signing him in the first place. We'll probably sign another Utd knock-off in the summer, it's what we do.

Sad but close to the truth this. MLS is ripe for him now.

Small-time us signing him in the first place. We'll probably sign another Utd knock-off in the summer, it's what we do.
It would be interesting to know if he was seen as a good football signing or a good business signing when we got him. Only the club will know if he's had a positive financial impact (shirt sales, sponsorship, club profile etc). Still potential to sell him for a decent sum as well.

I'd like to see how effective he is coming on with 20 minutes to go against tiring legs.

Always remember how effective Big Dunc was when we finished 4th.

Is Rooney happy to be a bit part squad player, coming on for the last 20 minutes now and again?

I don't think that he is. Rooney expects to be a starter in the team but he isn't up to it.

I disagree that its good for team moral to have a sulking 33 year old who isn't starting on £150,000 per week. Personally, I think bringing back Rooney was a very regressive step and Sam has actually done us a favour today in sidelining him.

It would be interesting to know if he was seen as a good football signing or a good business signing when we got him. Only the club will know if he's had a positive financial impact (shirt sales, sponsorship, club profile etc). Still potential to sell him for a decent sum as well.
Who too? The world and his dog can see he is finished.
Our disastrous transfer window started the minute we brought him back the deal stinks of Kenwrights influence.
It may work when you are looking for some mush to wear a Technicolored dream coat but not in modern day football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back