Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney has basically been underwhelming since January, but he's played a heck of a lot more football this season than even he may have thought he would get.

The brain might still be willing, the body just can't keep up.

Earlier in the season I would have wholly agreed, however his performances as the season has progressed is beginning to make me question it.

I expect that he'll be off the pace in high-tempo games and he's arguably slightly jaded, but some of his passes and movement are appalling.

In recent months he's been losing the ball far too easily, in possession or trapping the ball, while his passing is fraught with really sloppy errors.

How many times have we seen Hollywood balls float to nobody or out of play? Most of his passing is now simple, short passes to easy targets.

Nor would I argue that he's wholeheartedly attempting to get a game by the scruff of the neck; he's unfortunately become a regular passenger.

Is he the consummate professional we require or are simply carrying someone because who he was, rather than what he offers now?
We're carrying him.
The Sunday Mirror...I know - but they're saying that Moshiri has sanctioned the sale of Rooney after 1 year
Adding Kenwright will go at the end of the season
Possibly Allardyce too
And that Elstone is already working his notice

Keep wielding those P45s Mosh.

My thoughts; I thjnk Rooney has been told, probably before the Derby, hence his outburst when subbed off
He has given up on 100% effort in training and discipline, thus the lack lustre performanaces

Last edited:
Can't see us selling him for a fee. Think any offers will be around paying his wages in the last year of his contract.

tumblr_m37go7mT0Z1r9rjs4.gif

I like how almost everyone have turned on Rooney now, finally realizing we should never have brought that manc piece of garabge back to our club in the first place.
Most were trying to accept that he was here and going to play regardless of his performances. No point whingeing and hoping for him to fail if that’s the case

Most were trying to accept that he was here and going to play regardless of his performances. No point whingeing and hoping for him to fail if that’s the case
I dont think anyone did, but some have been holding onto wishfull thinking and dremt he was some sort of saviour. Statements like «I cant wait for him to score the winner at anfield» are even more absurd now, and they were pretty wild in August too.

Should have never been brought back. Played maybe 7 good games this year, and even when being effective he hands off the ball to our opposition. The guy is a manc, and he’s been done for years. 150k a week!! Total insanity.

I hope he was worth the shirt sales.

I'm torn on him. Quite a few have pointed out he was one of our better players early season, was playing with zest and getting goals but has been overplayed. I agree, he looked okay but then came the drink drive and trollop incident and it's been bumpy since. Looks jaded and badly in need of having game time managed. But I think a lot of us knew that would be the case. But it begs the question if it was wise to commit big wages to a player who needs managing so much. On the other hand, he's offered or contributed at least as much (and often more) than Gylfi, Klassen, and Sandro in the context of our season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back