Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember he was our top goal scorer last year in a team that can't score. I do worry where the goals are coming from.

To rely on and build a team around a 33 year old forward who can’t hold the ball and can’t run with the ball and expect him to score goals is even more worrying.

Wayne moved on.
Everton move forward.

Thanks for the goals and thanks for cutting 125-150k off our wages.

Remember he was our top goal scorer last year in a team that can't score. I do worry where the goals are coming from.

10 goals in 30 appearances in the league. Tosun has 5 in 14 which is a better rate so you would expect him to at least double that in a full season. (I’d expect at least 15 from Cenk as our main striker next season, especially as I can see us attacking a lot more) Also, added Walcott in there since rooneys last goal so give him a full season as well, and then if lookman carries his form into the prem then his goals will be covered.

That’s as well as any potential signings.

I don't think people are overly discrediting the impact he had in what was a woeful season throughout and credit should be given where it's due.

Yet, you can't also ignored how much he waned (no pun intended) over time and 1/3 of his goals came in one game against a woeful West Ham.

Add to that, he hasn't scored in the league since Swansea (mid February) and a handful of his goals this season were in fact pens.

All of the above is not an overt criticism, yet rather my point is that an ageing 32 year old quasi-midfielder is perhaps not overly reliable either.

Dont tell me you actually buys his ‘im a blue and always will be’ BS? If there were any truth in him loving us oh so much he would have left united and returned BEFORE loosing it, not after. No respect for Everton fc, just a money hungry [Poor language removed]. The guy is a manc and a judas and a crap player.

I believe in a crowd yelling shoooooot from in his own half; him doing it...and succeeding in the process.

Everton and Wayne Rooney, that. You can be as bitter and twisted as you want but some things are too obvious. It's a sad story...maybe Bill will turn it in to a musical.

i really really want him to stay and for it to all work out, but that's when i'm wearing rose tinted glasses.
To be more realistic, I think that if he loves Everton as much as he says, and if his boys do too, he would stay on, work hard, and play whatever role he needs to play - player-coach, occasional substitute or maybe only 15 starts a season, he should do whatever the club need. Now, with the DC united link, i feel like he's had a go, and run away at the first sign of trouble. He's clearly not the type to fight it out and lead, more like the type who needs mentoring, coaching and support from others around him.

He's off, maybe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44271050

DC United are hopeful of getting a deal "over the line" to bring Everton forward Wayne Rooney to MLS, says coach Ben Olsen.

Everton have given Rooney permission to speak to the American club and a deal has been agreed in principle.

The former England captain, 32, is believed to have been offered a deal until the end of the 2020 season.

"There is interest in Wayne Rooney from our end and I think there is interest from his end too," added Olsen.

Rooney, who still has a year left on his contract at Goodison Park, has visited Washington as part of what is seen as a fact-finding mission.

"Nothing is done, so I don't want to get into talk of arrival until he actually arrives," added Olsen.

"Nothing is ever done in this world, when you're looking at a deal of this scope and size.

"We'll see, but hopefully we can get it done."

The former Manchester United striker made 40 appearances for Everton last season and was top scorer with 11 goals.

Ya know, we've held him up as some kind of great across his career and resented him for abandoning us. Then we kowtowed to him and took him back, hoping this fading 'great' could be part of a new challenging Everton...

What utter turd. What an utter myth. He never ever ever got as close as Bale, Ronaldo, or even Eto'o to being a great. Yet we seem to think he's something special. Koff Wayne, just koff. Go spin your myth elsewhere.

Ya know, we've held him up as some kind of great across his career and resented him for abandoning us. Then we kowtowed to him and took him back, hoping this fading 'great' could be part of a new challenging Everton...

What utter turd. What an utter myth. He never ever ever got as close as Bale, Ronaldo, or even Eto'o to being a great. Yet we seem to think he's something special. Koff Wayne, just koff. Go spin your myth elsewhere.

Watching the Champions League Final, it's amazing the difference between Ronaldo and Rooney now, who are only six months apart in terms of age, and in fact Ronaldo is younger. Twelve years ago there wasn't an awful lot between the two in terms of ability, now look at them. One of them looked after themselves pretty well in terms of health and fitness, the other, did not. Now that they are 33 and 32 years of age, the difference certainly shows.

And yes, Rooney played a heck of a lot of professional football at a very young age, but so too did Ronaldo.

Bale more of a great than Rooney? Come off it. I know the love for Gareth is strong after last night but come on now.

Watching the Champions League Final, it's amazing the difference between Ronaldo and Rooney now, who are only six months apart in terms of age, and in fact Ronaldo is younger. Twelve years ago there wasn't an awful lot between the two in terms of ability, now look at them. One of them looked after themselves pretty well in terms of health and fitness, the other, did not. Now that they are 33 and 32 years of age, the difference certainly shows.

And yes, Rooney played a heck of a lot of professional football at a very young age, but so too did Ronaldo.

However annoying Ronaldo is with his massive ego and obsession with his looks...he seems to be a model professional as an athlete. It seems like he practises, trains, and works really hard on his fitness, and is obsessed with being the best. Yesterday he had no influence on the game at all, and he's not exactly happy when Bale steals the headlines, but he wasn't sulking. Rooney doesn't seem to have embraced proper fitness and training, nor learned from Ronaldo, Scholes, Giggs and Ibrahimovic - 4 players who have aged really well in their careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back