Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wayne was never going to be much of an asset on the pitch.
Despite his sound bites about helping to take Everton to the next level...thanks for that Wayne.

I would much rather see those wages payed to a player like Gareth Bale. But he will not join us.

Looks like he has gone again. He did well for us last year when any half descent player would have stood out but, hopefully we are about to improve and won't miss him. I think this is a good move for all concerned, including Rooney. Being away from England might help him sort out his home life.

Looks like he has gone again. He did well for us last year when any half descent player would have stood out but, hopefully we are about to improve and won't miss him. I think this is a good move for all concerned, including Rooney. Being away from England might help him sort out his home life.

Away from Coleen in America? He is going to be drinking, smoking, eating and banging more brass than an antique dealer. Rooney: The Vegas Years is upon us.

Bale more of a great than Rooney? Come off it. I know the love for Gareth is strong after last night but come on now.

Rooney 1x champions league
5 league titles
FA cup winner
England’s all time top scorer

Bale 4 x champions league
1 league title
Spanish cup winner

There’s not much in it to be fair

5 league titles
FA cup winner

1 league title
Spanish cup winner

Only if you consider the premier league to be equal to champions league!
Plus bale is 4 or 5 yrs younger

Only if you consider the premier league to be equal to champions league!
Plus bale is 4 or 5 yrs younger

I wasn’t saying one has achieved more than the others. Just saying it’s not clear one way or the other.

Being the top scorer of all the players to have ever played for England and Man Utd will take some beating though.

5 league titles
FA cup winner

1 league title
Spanish cup winner

One was the star man in all of those victories the other has merely played a part. You can’t just base it purely on numbers of things won.

5 league titles
FA cup winner

1 league title
Spanish cup winner

Bale is top scorer for Wales, part of a team that took them to a semi-final of a major tournament. Has scored in CL and world club cup finals and has 5 more years to add a few more trophies to the cabinet. We will have to see if Bale dramatically deteriorates as Rooney did, but if Bale keeps on being the main man when it matters most then he will be ahead of him in alnost every way.

If Ronaldo stayed at OT then Rooney probably wouldn't have been top goal scorer for utd.

I would have thought the family would move with him, getting way from the English press might just take the pressure of them.

All the noises so far indicate that won't be the case and unless they have decided to go separate ways without officially announcing it, I have my doubts whether he will go without them.

Bale is top scorer for Wales, part of a team that took them to a semi-final of a major tournament. Has scored in CL and world club cup finals and has 5 more years to add a few more trophies to the cabinet. We will have to see if Bale dramatically deteriorates as Rooney did, but if Bale keeps on being the main man when it matters most then he will be ahead of him in alnost every way.

If Ronaldo stayed at OT then Rooney probably wouldn't have been top goal scorer for utd.

Does it matter??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back