Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok maybe not fair...but valid then...:)

He could have and should have been viewed alongside players like Ronaldo and possibly won a Ballon d'Or during his career with the talent he had.

Rooney would have had to go abroad for that mainly because over here in the UK you coached to play the percentage game. It’s just beginning to change, however, some time yet to catch up with our European brethren..

Why are we including a clause that would see Rooney come back here in a coaching role? He isn’t out legend, let United pay for his retirement!

Don’t want him associated with this club at all.

This is bitter. Anyone in their right mind can see he the man needed trophies, and he wasn’t getting them at Everton. And Everton needed money to survive. He was always going to leave. Frankly though he wanted to comeback

He hasn’t had the season we wanted but he finished top goal scorer and we practically lost every game he didn’t feature in. It’s a shame he hadn’t come a season earlier. It would have been good to see if playing with lukaku would have given him a focal point to play through.
I have no problem with him coming back as a coach at any point.

This is bitter. Anyone in their right mind can see he the man needed trophies, and he wasn’t getting them at Everton. And Everton needed money to survive. He was always going to leave. Frankly though he wanted to comeback

He hasn’t had the season we wanted but he finished top goal scorer and we practically lost every game he didn’t feature in. It’s a shame he hadn’t come a season earlier. It would have been good to see if playing with lukaku would have given him a focal point to play through.
I have no problem with him coming back as a coach at any point.
He was 18 years old, he had plenty of time to go and win trophies. He decided to leave with his supposed beloved club facing relegation.

I'm made up he will be forever be thought of as a disaster here. Despise the bloater and we should have stayed well away from him. Thankfully Kenwright won't have the authority to be making such sentimental disasterous decisions again.

He isn't our legend, he is Man Utd's. He can go to there and teach their players to 'give it all' and then go and get drunk and drive the local slapper home.

Why are we including a clause that would see Rooney come back here in a coaching role? He isn’t out legend, let United pay for his retirement!

Don’t want him associated with this club at all.

You've genuinely held a grudge (against a then 18-year-old) for 14 years, haven't you matey?

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ney-in-advanced-talks-with-mls-side-dc-united

Excellent, best possible start for the reign of Marco and Marcel. It’s symbolic more than anything, we’re a different animal going forward. Also see nothing wrong with him coming back as a coach, I think he’d be good.

I've got no issue with him going as long as he's replaced.

I'm glad he came back and he put in some good performances last year, in a side that was crap.

Had the club/management known how to use him better, the entire season may have been a different story.

He was excellent from November through to January, when him and Gylfi finally clicked. It was no surprise his form dropped off when Gylfi got injured.

If he goes it's with my best wishes. We'd have been in the mire without his goals and his all-round play at times, but the people who never wanted him in the first place won't change their minds. Their far too stubborn.

Shame how this will end.

He was nowere near as bad as some are saying....just like many other players that was down to the disgusting tactics from that last fella.

Top scorer, and tried to drag us out the crap.

Wish him all the best, and would love him back as a coach.

You've genuinely held a grudge (against a then 18-year-old) for 14 years, haven't you matey?
Yes and I always will. He isn't a legend of ours.

Growing up as an Everton fan was always hard, for once it was us who had the wonderkid everyone was talking about. In school we had something to rave about and to top it off, he was a supposed avid Evertonian. He then abandons us at the first opportunity, leaving us with the realistic possibility of relegation.

The subsequent years he celebrates madly in front of real Evertonians at any given opportunity. Now he expects loyalty when he is finished. It's hilarious.

This is all a moot point anyway. After two years in America he will be the size of a house.

Yes and I always will. He isn't a legend of ours.

Growing up as an Everton fan was always hard, for once it was us who had the wonderkid everyone was talking about. In school we had something to rave about and to top it off, he was a supposed avid Evertonian. He then abandons us at the first opportunity, leaving us with the realistic possibility of relegation.

The subsequent years he celebrates madly in front of real Evertonians at any given opportunity. Now he expects loyalty when he is finished. It's hilarious.

This is all a moot point anyway. After two years in America he will be the size of a house.

Never said he was a legend, but holding a 14-year grudge against a player that left in equal part down to the club needing the money is astounding.

I was nine when he left. I was devastated. First time I realised how crap supporting a footy side is but hey ho, life lessons innit.

He went on to become one of the best footballers of the last 30 years, and won everything. I don't begrudge him. I got over it in about 2008 by the time I was 13 and realised that it's quite strange to get annoyed about a bloke I've never met changing jobs.

That £25m helped keep us from going bankrupt. I'm not saying that's why Rooney left - he did it because he wanted the glory and the money (both of which he went on to get).

He celebrated in front of Evertonians because every time he came back he was (rightly) abused and insulted. He was 19 or 20 the first time he came back to Goodison, how would you expect him to react?

I don't think he expected loyalty. He came back because the management and club thought he could offer us something. And objectively, he has. He's finished the season as our top scorer, it produced tons of world-wide publicity when he came back and if not for total mismanagement it could have been different.

Rooney isn't blameless in our bad season, but he isn't to blame either. He gave us good memories and then gave us some not so good moments. It happens.

What the actual?

Sky Sports News also understands an agreement will allow for Rooney to return to Goodison Park at a later date to take up a coaching role.

Erm. WHY?

Why not?

It doesn't mean he has to do it...

I can probably hazard a guess he'll have more of an influence than Ferguson as well.

will be the best piece of business off the summer getting shot of him, don't dislike him and don't hold a grudge for bailing on us years ago, but he's on 150k a week and he literally cant pass a ball to an everton shirt, he's slow, he thinks he's better than what he is, and it's all abar him

inabit wayne

Why not?

It doesn't mean he has to do it...

I can probably hazard a guess he'll have more of an influence than Ferguson as well.
Don't understand why he is treated like royalty at Everton. He's a woeful role model of a professional footballer and hardly has two brain cells to rub together. Can you imagine him running round a training field in 5 years time? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back