Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some people are getting hung up about the modern over usage of the word ‘legend’.
An Everton 'great' has won something with us.

A 'legend' has won plenty with us and a 'fans favourite' has scored a few vital goals in a few big games.

Only how I see it like.

I mean you have to think that these two were briefed by Bill, he would think of Rooney as a legend. If we are going to get hung up on every word these guys speak in their first few days, then we are in for a torrid time.

If he leaves as "a legend or a leg-end" what actually does it matter, as long as he leaves.

I mean you have to think that these two were briefed by Bill, he would think of Rooney as a legend. If we are going to get hung up on every word these guys speak in their first few days, then we are in for a torrid time.

If he leaves as "a legend or a leg-end" what actually does it matter, as long as he leaves.
More like a bell-end.

An Everton 'great' has won something with us.

A 'legend' has won plenty with us and a 'fans favourite' has scored a few vital goals in a few big games.

Only how I see it like.
Oh aye I agree, I just think perhaps legend had been used by Brands for reasons of English not being his first language and that.

But still doesn’t make him an Everton great. He’s scored a Few decent, or important goals, but James Vaughan scored to become our youngest ever scorer, is he an Everton great?

Mate, I cant stand him, I thought everyone knew that?

He's not remotely an Everton great. He is a soon to be former Everton player who means very little to me in terms of our history etc. He was just there. A few nice moments and a few rubbish ones.

That goal against Leeds was a nice moment though. That's all. Its what I will remember him for ahead of even the Arsenal goal. That said I remember it about as fondly as Marc Hottiger's only goal for us against Bolton.

Its not weird.

A grudge is a grudge. Its supposed to stay forever, it's not something that can be turned on and off depending on the situation.

Footballing grudges (and it needs to be purely footballing, nothing personal, I don't hate Wayne Rooney the person) are an essential part of football and they need to be pushed harder and not just be forgotten about.

I don't want to be part of a game where I can't sing "Oh I Do Like To Be Beside the Seaside" about Steve McMahon 20 off years after he has retired just because its fun for example.

I just don't get angry about a bloke changing jobs for better pay

Love the lad but we need to cut loose this fairytale. He did okay then dropped off horrendously and the huge wages are a no no.

It`s no coincidence that his form dropped off a cliff around the time of Allardyce taking over.

Imagine going from working under Ferguson and the coaching set up at Man U, to Allardyce, Lee and Shakespeare.

Allardyce didn`t know what to do with him, but had to play him.

" Right Wayne, when Ashley webs it out, I want you to leg after it ".

No wonder he was on his last legs. lol

It`s no coincidence that his form dropped off a cliff around the time of Allardyce taking over.

Imagine going from working under Ferguson and the coaching set up at Man U, to Allardyce, Lee and Shakespeare.

Allardyce didn

It mainly coincided with Gylfi's injury.

Until then - so early March - Rooney was looking pretty consistent in that deeper role, with Gueye and Davies with him and Gylfi ahead.

Mate, I cant stand him, I thought everyone knew that?

He's not remotely an Everton great. He is a soon to be former Everton player who means very little to me in terms of our history etc. He was just there. A few nice moments and a few rubbish ones.

That goal against Leeds was a nice moment though. That's all. Its what I will remember him for ahead of even the Arsenal goal. That said I remember it about as fondly as Marc Hottiger's only goal for us against Bolton.

Haha, sorry mate, I was in a rage at people thinking rooney is a club great and had tunnel vision at all who imply he could be.

Can’t wait to unveil a statue of him next to Dixie at the new stadium.

Allardyce didn

I hated sam as much as the next guy but that's bollocks pal

he's like 33, won everything there is, was quality back in his day and your saying because of sam that stopped him from being able to pass a ball? because he literally couldn't even do that

Allardyce didn`t know what to do with him, but had to play him.

" Right Wayne, when Ashley webs it out, I want you to leg after it ".

No wonder he was on his last legs. lol
His form dropped off when he was caught out, again, trying to get his end away.

I hated sam as much as the next guy but that's bollocks pal

he's like 33, won everything there is, was quality back in his day and your saying because of sam that stopped him from being able to pass a ball? because he literally couldn't even do that

Is it coincidence that his form dropped off a cliff under Allardyce ?

Imagine going from 13 yrs under Ferguson and the Man U set up and then all of a sudden having to switch to Sam " up and under " Allardyce school of football.

It would affect the form of any decent player, plus his age and lifestyle appeared to have caught up with him too.

It was a mistake to bring him back on the money he was on in the first place. We all knew how it`d end.

By the way, I`m not saying that it`s not the right time for him to move on, as it is.

It's fair to say he's a football legend, sadly he made his legendary history at another club. I think that Brands and Silva merely mixed the the fact he plays for Everton and the fact he's a legend, this was because they both don't speak English as their first language probably.

I just don't get angry about a bloke changing jobs for better pay

Good for you.

There is a difference between football anger and real anger, or there should be. Rivalry is a massive part of the game for me. Its like when the RS call us bitter, damned right I am bitter about them! I am supposed to be as they are our rivals.

Rooney jibbed us off. Everyone knows why, everyone probably understands it on a personal level, but on a footballing level I will always hate him for it as that's what I feel like I am supposed to do as a fan.

It's pantomime hatred and its an essential part of the game for me. I hold nothing against him personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back