Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it coincidence that his form dropped off a cliff under Allardyce ?

Imagine going from 13 yrs under Ferguson and the Man U set up and then all of a sudden having to switch to Sam " up and under " Allardyce school of football.

It would affect the form of any decent player, plus his age and lifestyle appeared to have caught up with him too.

It was a mistake to bring him back on the money he was on in the first place. We all knew how it`d end.

By the way, I`m not saying that it`s not the right time for him to move on, as it is.

His form "dropped off" back to the way he had been for a good few years. His "good form" at the start of the season was the anomaly.

He wasn't even that good in the first half anyway!

Is it coincidence that his form dropped off a cliff under Allardyce ?

Imagine going from 13 yrs under Ferguson and the Man U set up and then all of a sudden having to switch to Sam " up and under " Allardyce school of football.

It would affect the form of any decent player, plus his age and lifestyle appeared to have caught up with him too.

It was a mistake to bring him back on the money he was on in the first place. We all knew how it`d end.

By the way, I`m not saying that it`s not the right time for him to move on, as it is.

it won't have helped his all round game no, and I think his biggest asset at his age is dictating the game against worse sides than ourselves, but under sam we had next to zero movement upfront so that wouldn't have helped

but again, he literally couldn't pass a ball, he lost it continuously every single game, always lost it in dangerous places and all that is down to rooney himself he can't pass the dutchy on that

Good for you.

There is a difference between football anger and real anger, or there should be. Rivalry is a massive part of the game for me. Its like when the RS call us bitter, damned right I am bitter about them! I am supposed to be as they are our rivals.

Rooney jibbed us off. Everyone knows why, everyone probably understands it on a personal level, but on a footballing level I will always hate him for it as that's what I feel like I am supposed to do as a fan.

It's pantomime hatred and its an essential part of the game for me. I hold nothing against him personally.

I used to hate other teams mate - RS still do obviously - but tbf since I started working consistently on the togger, I just, well it just takes a lot of effort to direct any hatred to one particular player.

As an Evertonian, I'm glad I got to see Rooney play in the blue shirt again. That's as sentimental as I'll get, though.

Looking at his season objectively, it wasn't a huge success and it wasn't a failure. It was okay, with some really good moments, and a few moments where he looked finished.

I still think he could offer us something if used right but for his wages that's probably not enough, so as long as he's replaced I'm fine with him going.

He got his wish of letting his kids see him play for Everton,now just let him go,he wasnt a legend or a great for our club,time to say goodbye

Agreed.
I've seen him mentioned as a legend many times. He really isn't. He's more UTD legend than anything.
He was absolute gash this year and has been for a few years. No time for sentiment. bye.

I used to hate other teams mate - RS still do obviously - but tbf since I started working consistently on the togger, I just, well it just takes a lot of effort to direct any hatred to one particular player.

As an Evertonian, I'm glad I got to see Rooney play in the blue shirt again. That's as sentimental as I'll get, though.

Looking at his season objectively, it wasn't a huge success and it wasn't a failure. It was okay, with some really good moments, and a few moments where he looked finished.

I still think he could offer us something if used right but for his wages that's probably not enough, so as long as he's replaced I'm fine with him going.

Don't get me wrong I don't REALLY hate any of them. As I said its just pantomime stuff. In the same way I will hate TV characters. It's a form of entertainment to me and every form of entertainment needs villains.

Was good to see him again at Everton, not the best season to have been involved in but that wasnt his fault, he was one of the few who did ok, be good to see him back at the club in a none football role on day

I have no doubt that he will end up at EFC coaching one day - and I won't mind one bit as we all know that is where he wants to be.

I have no doubt that he will end up at EFC coaching one day - and I won't mind one bit as we all know that is where he wants to be.
Be arsed with that.
I'd have me own box at Bramley Moor and watch the game with me mates and family.
Then offski back to me £15m mansion.

Even his son will play for City, as he's already at their academy.

People who are happy he came back to the club are probably fans who backed Kenwright for years and partly the reason we’re seen as a small time outfit nowadays.

He gave his best years to another club and came back here when he was finished and still had the cheek to ask for the highest wage in our history.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Hope he’s never at the club in any capacity again.

People who are happy he came back to the club are probably fans who backed Kenwright for years and partly the reason we’re seen as a small time outfit nowadays.

He gave his best years to another club and came back here when he was finished and still had the cheek to ask for the highest wage in our history.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Hope he’s never at the club in any capacity again.

Funnily enough I back Kenwright to the hilt but can't stand Rooney and hate that he came back.

So I don't know where that leaves me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back