Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Rooney realises himself that he is gone past playing a regular part in the Premiership , at least at a level that a player like him could accept.
Rooney knows his football and knows when he is playing well and when he isn't. He will probably talk to Silva and Brands and see what part they think he will play in the coming season, but , could he accept the role of bit part squad player ?

I think that Rooney realises himself that he is gone past playing a regular part in the Premiership , at least at a level that a player like him could accept.
Rooney knows his football and knows when he is playing well and when he isn't. He will probably talk to Silva and Brands and see what part they think he will play in the coming season, but , could he accept the role of bit part squad player ?
Hahaha. He was fuming when he was subbed against Liverpool because he thought he was doing well. He was the worst player on the pitch by an absolute mile.

@Bryan

Everton Great - Exploded onto the biggest platform with a World Class goal against Arsenal, played with his heart on his sleeve every game, represented England at 17 then became England's top scorer and went on to become one of the world's biggest footballer which is testament to Everton's academy and the club on a World Scale.

Came back and sold a project which lets face it has grinded to a halt with people saying he is past it and worked his arse off to become our top goalscorer in a season filled more lows then highs.

Rooney is an Everton Great, if he was 17 now with the board backing we have he would become a great but his departure was best for all.

All the badge kissing etc is fine because if you can't take it then, don't give it out. He was a boyhood blue and we acted pure Kopite but it was out of his hands just like previous players like Ferguson, the board was woeful and the team couldn't survive so sold to keep us afloat.

Once a blue, always a blue - all the best Wayne
Ha ha ha ha ha go and have a lie down

Backing Kenwright despite everything that he’s done is just incredible. Bringing Rooney back was one of his lesser cock-ups.

The man needs booting out of the club ASAP.

As I before I think he did before he has done a fairly average job for me.

Nothing to get made up about but could have been far worse too.

Meh.

Not for the money he`s on.

You don`t have bit part players as the clubs highest earner on 150k a week.

I'm a big Rooney fan and was made up when he returned, but please tell me what he's done in an Everton shirt to be called an Everton legend.

It was his passion and love for Everton which made him the player he was.

His talent outgrew us and he had to move on if he wanted to be a winner.

Greatest England player to come from the Everton youth system.

Ergo Everton legend.

It was his passion and love for Everton which made him the player he was.

His talent outgrew us and he had to move on if he wanted to be a winner.

Greatest England player to come from the Everton youth system.

Ergo Everton legend.
His love and passion for Everton had nothing to do with him becoming the player he did, it was his pure natural talent that would have made him a great player regardless of which club he played for, your other two points are quite valid, but this in no way makes him an Everton legend. Wayne Clarke won more at Everton than Rooney and I don't think many consider him a legend.

I wish Wayne all the very best...

Hope to see him return one day in some capacity...

Would have been nice to see him win something with Everton but it wasn't to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back