Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was too good too early and fell out of love with the game, hence the abnormally early decline. I’m really annoyed that he came back when he did. Not only was the timing bad because of the signings we made, he had declined into a fraction of the player he used to be. This is also why you exercise caution when signing older players.

I think the reason for his early decline is largely down to his early rise tbh. Done people develop before others and physically Rooney was prem ready at 15-16 yrs old. He was bald in his early 20's and he's probably got the legs of a 38 yr old now. His lifestyle choices havnt helped but I have always said that Rooney will be finished before most players simply due to how quickly he developed when younger

He threatened to quit for MLS unless Everton's manager next season basically bowed down to him. Allardyce and Silva have both called his bluff and he doesn't like it. Rooney thought he'd got his way again when Allardyce left.

He's used to getting what he wants. He handed in transfer requests at United more than once and got a new contract out of it, so he thought bullying Everton would be a doddle. He got his big move in 2004. He expected Everton to beg him to stay again. I still don't think he wants to leave his north west bubble but his ego can't handle sitting on the bench. It leaves him annoyed and in a quandry.
Add to that, I really don’t believe the new hierarchy want him either so there’s no turning back.

Yeah, but in the world you don’t give up league medals and playing in cup finals for less money and a battle for 6th place.
Not sure about that. I've had immeasurable pleasure of playing football and never won a thing. What's more, I would not enjoy, for a second, playing and winning in the fa cup final for a team I did not support or didn't like such as the rs.
Obviously, Id prefer to win things, but if it meant giving up on my dream of playing for Everton then the answer is no. If you're a fan then win with your club, not another, such victory is hollow. At least that's how it is in my head.

Not sure about that. I've had immeasurable pleasure of playing football and never won a thing. What's more, I would not enjoy, for a second, playing and winning in the fa cup final for a team I did not support or didn't like such as the rs.
Obviously, Id prefer to win things, but if it meant giving up on my dream of playing for Everton then the answer is no. If you're a fan then win with your club, not another, such victory is hollow. At least that's how it is in my head.

They are professionals though, I work for Audi, I like the brand but it doesnt mean I wont go to Merc or BMW for better terms, I sell cars thats it.

They are professionals though, I work for Audi, I like the brand but it doesnt mean I wont go to Merc or BMW for better terms, I sell cars thats it.
Isn't it different if you're putting your body on the line though? I get what you mean and they are paid ludicrously to do what they do, but speaking for myself I wouldn't choose, I wouldn't play wholeheartedly if it weren't for my team, so I just wouldn't go.
I guess, once you have enough to live on, not everybody is motivated by money. No amount of money brings satisfaction, its what you do for it, or how you use it that brings that potential.

I think the reason for his early decline is largely down to his early rise tbh. Done people develop before others and physically Rooney was prem ready at 15-16 yrs old. He was bald in his early 20's and he's probably got the legs of a 38 yr old now. His lifestyle choices havnt helped but I have always said that Rooney will be finished before most players simply due to how quickly he developed when younger

Agree with most of that but isn't Milner the same age ? He also began his career early and the difference in fitness is monumental. Rooneys lifestyle has also taken its toll, smoker isn't he as well I think.

Agree with most of that but isn't Milner the same age ? He also began his career early and the difference in fitness is monumental. Rooneys lifestyle has also taken its toll, smoker isn't he as well I think.
It’s a matter of public record that Milner doesn’t eat kebabs

He's not wanted here. He wasn't wanted at United for the last few years at the very minimum. Time for the greedy get to flee Europe. Do one.

I am curious ... how are so many people privy to exactly what is happening relating to the Rooney situation... but haven't got a clue about any other player outgoing or incoming ?

Isn't it different if you're putting your body on the line though? I get what you mean and they are paid ludicrously to do what they do, but speaking for myself I wouldn't choose, I wouldn't play wholeheartedly if it weren't for my team, so I just wouldn't go.
I guess, once you have enough to live on, not everybody is motivated by money. No amount of money brings satisfaction, its what you do for it, or how you use it that brings that potential.

It's a job mate. It's just a job.

The heavy drinking and smoking just have to be factors . It’s no longer the 80’s where players can have a skinful and play and train without consequence, small margins are huge now and Rooney is paying the price for his lifestyle. The ability got him through as a youngster but now he just hasn’t got the legs and it’s not just last season .

Rooney was playing in the Premiership at sixteen and he will be thirty three in October, that is a career at the very highest level of nearly seventeen years which is quite remarkable... unfortunately not at Everton for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back