Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get those sweet sweet wages freed up Marcel. Probably about £230k p/w saved on Joel, Funes Mori, and Rooney alone. If Williams, Mirallas, Bolasie and Sandro go too, we’re looking at over £500k p/w saved. That’s mad seeing as we won’t miss them.

I didn’t want to believe his legs were gone before he signed last season, but they have. He’s come back for the right reasons but it’s about 5-6 years too late.

I shudder to think where we could have ended up without his goals last year and I wish him well.

He maybe hasn’t looked after himself as he should have, kissed the badge at Goodison, his best years given to another club and I’m not sorry he’s leaving. No way should we maintain him in his twilight years.

I didn’t want to believe his legs were gone before he signed last season, but they have. He’s come back for the right reasons but it’s about 5-6 years too late.

I shudder to think where we could have ended up without his goals last year and I wish him well.

He maybe hasn’t looked after himself as he should have, kissed the badge at Goodison, his best years given to another club and I’m not sorry he’s leaving. No way should we maintain him in his twilight years.
I think that is a fair and correct assessment.
I think that Rooney may actually have pushed this move himself as I think he may have realised that his time had come and gone.
I think this move gives him a different experience in football before he retires and goes into coaching.

His return was a romantic piece of theatre probably thought up by Kenwright… The Boy Wonder Returns Home’.

It certainly wasn’t the fairy-tale it was meant to be but it wasn’t the disaster some were predicting either. There were moments in the first half of the season like the reveal video which was genuinely classy, his goal against Stoke, his hatrick against West Ham, the goal against Arsenal and the penalty against Liverpool were all great and I’m sure when he retires and his career and achievements gets the praise from fans and media that it deserves his last season in the Prem will be remembered fondly for those goals and moments and for being our top goal scorer, not for the majority of games where he looked like he was running through treacle and misplacing passes all over the pitch whilst blowing out of his arse.

I was happy to see him return and I really believed he had one last hurrah in him but his legs are long gone and it’s time to move on. The positive thing to come from all this has been the ruthlessness of Brand and Silva to come in and have the balls to immediately get rid of him. He’s Wayne Rooney! England’s top goal scorer, Manchester United’s top goal scorer… I imagine it’s quite easy for a young management team to come in and be almost in awe of him but they can see he’s part of the problem and not part of the solution.

I give him 15 minutes before their fans turn on him after they realise he's a washed-up, cigarette-smoking, grandmother-shagging, drink driving, girlfriend-cheating has-been. 3 and a half year contract too haha, his agent has played yet another blinder. Unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back