Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was extremely crap and needs to calm down and just play the game. He was like a fast bowler trying to bowl the magic ball pitch leg hit top of off every delivery. Just needs to settle and do the basics.

Won't even figure in the top 100+ games he's ever played in if ranked on the ties overall importance but make no mistake that was a huge game for him in terms of personal motivation and drive. Everything was about him for the first time in years - he hasn't had that level of positive expectation and media attention in years. His first 90 minutes for ages and yes, he was shattered at the end.

Every forward ball first half, short or long went towards him, like the players wanted to assist in the fairytale. The sky high shot at the Park End followed by the scuffed shot summed up his and the teams frustration. I thought he did well but was isolated first half, some good passing interchanges against being guilty of not holding a central position.

At the moment he's the star, everyone looks to him. Suspect that'll change in coming games as he & the team relax a bit. He will be glad it's a game under his belt. Done well overall but the team need to trust their own ability and the others around them instead of looking to Wayne every time. Well, that's how I saw it. Glad he's back and hope he has a great season.

Some nice touches tonight, but overall tonight he was a bit meh. Not on his own in that though and his days of leading the line are behind him so it would be unfair to judge him on tonight's 90 minutes.

Just in case many of you either didn't watch or have severe short term memory loss, which I'm beginning to suspect, he:

• Picked a beautiful long range pass for DCL on the right which would have connected but the youngster didn't anticipate it.
  • Sold a dummy which nearly put Mirallas in.
  • Picked out a ridiculously good pass for the run of Klaasen, which forged our best chance of the night.

He did those good things yep, but he also did a whole load of bad to average from start to finish.

However no player should be overly judged or criticised on a game like this in what is preseason. Even the Former Manchester United Football Club Legend Wayne Rooney who I'd prefer was running out for New York Red Bulls right now or something like that.

A pre-season game even if officially the real deal. These pampered millionaires are only just back of the beach. Give them until the end of August before we start hammering them.

He cant play on his own upfront, but hopefully this will be the only time it'll happen with Sandro plus another coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back