Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debut for United scores a hattrick against Fenerbache in Champions League.

Debut for Everton has a stinker in a Europa League qualifier against a team no one has heard off.

Hes come home because he loves the Blues though, nothing to do with him not being good enough for the team that finished one place above us.

Wayne worked his socks off for us tonight and that's all we can ask of the lad, or of any player really.

I think some people got caught up in the media hype when Wayne signed and convinced themselves that he was still the player he was in 2004.

We signed him last month because he was better than the likes of Niasse and Calvert-Lewin, not because he's as good as Messi.

I have nothing against the bloke and I believe he would love to play well here but the fact is he is a busted flush. Painfully slow and laboured. Having a past it and prematurely aged player come back is a regressive step which we won't regret too much just because he hasn't cost a fortune.We really are in trouble if he remains first eleven beyond October.

I have nothing against the bloke and I believe he would love to play well here but the fact is he is a busted flush. Painfully slow and laboured. Having a past it and prematurely aged player come back is a regressive step which we won't regret too much just because he hasn't cost a fortune.We really are in trouble if he remains first eleven beyond October.
Wrong

I was strongly against Rooneys return because the overwhelming concensus in the game was he simply couldn't hack it at the top level now.
The wave of publicity and goodwill he generated have been incredible and in scoring twice he showed glimpses of his old self.
Tonight unfortunately was what I was expecting in competitive games. He doesn't have the legs to play centre forward anymore.
Maybe he can still play a role as a number 10 particularly with Ross leaving.
Hope I'm wrong but l wouldn't be surprised if he's on the bench before xmas. Even if he is l'd still expect him to play a role as an impact sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back