Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pleased he admitted it, rather than hiring someone to get him off on a technicality. He will probably do his community service hopefully with EiTC, will be fined by the club, and will have to pay for a driver for two years......

Bet the driver is not female ....................

You idiot Wayne

You utter, UTTER, idiot

Someone could have been killed

It's not even like he was "just" over either

Anyone can make a mistake and go a little bit over, you can be careful but go marginally over whilst not really being a danger for instance, but to be THAT much over suggests that there could have been no doubt that he wasn't capable of driving

Shame on him for that

Hold on. When people get angry, they can lash out and "someone could be killed", but we don't treat people who get angry like murderers. He made a mistake, he has apologised for it and he will pay for it, financially, with his time, reputationally and indeed from a marital perspective. I think we should just hold back with building the scaffolding at this point....

He said: "Following today's court hearing I want publicly to apologise for my unforgivable lack of judgement in driving while over the legal limit. It was completely wrong.

"I have already said sorry to my family, my manager and chairman and everyone at Everton FC. Now I want to apologise to all the fans and everyone else who has followed and supported me throughout my career.

"Of course I accept the sentence of the court and hope that I can make some amends through my community service.”

How is this handled then.

Rooney was 104 microgrammes in 100 millilitres of breath and Gibson was 57 micrograms of alcohol per 100ml of breath .. but Gibson hit some cyclists and a petrol pump so does that give him an extra signing on bonus when he got the new contract?

Or does alcohol level trump pedestrians injured? So Rooney will get a longer new contract now?

It's all very ocnfusing.

How does a club fine a player for out-of-work misbehaviour? Is there a clause in player contracts that cover bringing the name of the club into disrepute or such?

How does a club fine a player for out-of-work misbehaviour? Is there a clause in player contracts that cover bringing the name of the club into disrepute or such?
They're on so much money, I'd like to think it's more of a gesture, that the club won't tolerate that sort of thing.
Wayne is hardly going to dispute it, he's been a tit and he knows it.

I imagine so

I know my employer has a policy like that in place, but they'd usually just terminate your status of employment. We're on far less money of course, so it's probably easier to just sack us and be done with it

It's easy to appear the best player when you are constantly out of position and always demanding the ball. Having said that, I saw some very promising things from him yesterday.

He created some really scrappy chances that very easily could have come off on another day. If he is going to succeed up top, he has to play with this intensity every game and create his own luck every now and again- good strikers do that. He also did a good job finding Cuco out wide and gave him chances to whip in some decent crosses. Before this game, he had shown me absolutely nothing that indicated he could lead the line.

If he is automatically included in every game (barf), we may as well stick him in the position that nobody in our squad can really occupy. We can overload the midfield (as he is almost always out of position anyways lol) and get some runners beyond him (Mirallas, Davies, Sandro, Lookman, DCL, Vlasic) to create chances. We cannot keep resorting to this hoofball because DCL (as much as I like him) isn't strong enough to handle all of that abuse for the full 90.

I see he's used a photo of his days at Man U on his 'apology'. What an utter disgrace and a final kick in the b0llocks. Thanks a lot Wayne. Once a Judas always a fkn Judas!!!

GET OUT !!!

Won't let me upload the pic ffs.
IMG_3227_zpsolm7bilw.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back