Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be plying his trade in MLS.

I don't watch the MLS but I was always under the impression that what it lacked in quality it made up for in athleticism, I think he'd even struggle there if that's the case, I
He's younger than Cristiano Ronaldo. There's one for you to get your head around.

Ones a dedicated top athlete who strove to be as good as can be and tried to improve his already considerable talent and the other got by on his rather considerable natural talent but didn't look after himself. Saying that Rooney has been playing Premier league football for 17 years its bound to have caught up with him with his lifestyle.

Hey lads Wayne Rooney is 30-odd same as David Silva / Ronaldo isn't that shocking haha oh hang on he's our top scorer and best player oh dear this is awkward.
His legs have completely gone. He consistently fails to provide any sort of threat against teams with mobile midfielders as they run past him. There's room for him against weaker teams in the league but not as a regular starter.

His goals have glossed over how poor he's been as a starting CM.

His legs have completely gone. He consistently fails to provide any sort of threat against teams with mobile midfielders as they run past him. There's room for him against weaker teams in the league but not as a regular starter.

His goals have glossed over how poor he's been as a starting CM.

That's handy, there are 10-12 weaker teams in the league so he'll be boss 20-24 games a season, about 12x the amount Davies will manage

I don't watch the MLS but I was always under the impression that what it lacked in quality it made up for in athleticism, I think he'd even struggle there if that's the case, I

He'd be like Gerrard over there, nothing left to offer. All the travelling would take it out of him too, 6 hour plane ride for an away game.

I haven't seen anyone advocating the inclusion of Rooney in every starting 11 regardless of opposition. He struggles against the better teams with the wall whipping round him, usually against 3 CMs.

Against every other team since he's gone to CM, he's been the best player on the pitch.

So why isn't he worthy of a place?

Baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back