We must stay Positive!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'l do Arsenal tomorrow after all this fury, its the Everton way.

Must say, i'm finding it very hard at the minute, i mean, if Chelsea beat us, its just a dull season we are left with

I'm supportive of the team, my team, not Kenwrights team. I'm in love with Everton but not with the people running it. Kenwright may have rescued us and be keeping us afloat but it ain't enough...were Everton and it's not good enough

I'm supportive of the team, my team, not Kenwrights team. I'm in love with Everton but not with the people running it. Kenwright may have rescued us and be keeping us afloat but it ain't enough...were Everton and it's not good enough

Totally agree, we have to move forward. But WE actually need to do something about it.

You could of fooled me ;-)

Seriously, I, like a lot of people think we owe a great debt to Kenwright he saved the club from god knows what would have happened under Peter Johnson, however it is now obvious we will never get above mid table if we do not see new investment. The club has got to be a lot more professional in the way it does business whether that is attracting new investment, improving communications links between supporters/supporters clubs, new initiatives to get fans through the door and attracting a younger supporter base.

At the same time we, as fans need to buck our ideas up. Goodison is like a morgue recently why can the fans only get 'up' for Man U and The Derby??? I find it appalling that fans cannot find their voices until we knock a goal in. Where is the Goodison roar? Why don't we take it in to our own hands if we are not happy with the way the club is being run? We just tend to p*ss and moan and expect something to happen.

We have done well in bringing players through over the last few years, we have two jewels in Coleman and Rodwell but can we keep them?

Lets not get too down, look at the positives, we have a pragmatic manager who has proven he can spend money wisely whether that be big or small, good youngsters and a good support (Compared to Blackburn/Wigan/Brum etc) and if we get our heads together and back the proposed Everton Supporters Trust being promoted recently though blue kipper and have more of a say about the running of our club.

This. We thrive in adversity and always have a better second half to the season. If Moyes did have money to spend we wouldn't have seen the emergence of Coleman as a right midfielder. Hopefully Bily and Beckford will get the chance to stake a similar claim and we'll see one or two of the youngsters given a chance. If we can go one better than we have done recently at Stamford Bridge, we've got quite a comfortable passage into the quarter finals for the cup and we're only two wins off seventh in the league. Our rivals for a Europa league place (Sunderland and Liverpool in particular) will need to bed new players in, whilst Newcastle will have to compensate for the loss of Carroll from their current personnel. It's not ideal, but it might just work in our favour.

Hopefully something will get resolved at the club before too long. If we keep on weakening, then it won't be too long before the likes of Jags, Fellaini and Arteta start reconsidering their future.

As Billycopper says we thrive in adversity. We are Everton, we don't do it the easy way! To be fair some of the football has been good this season, just the end product that is missing. Saha is starting to score, Cahill is on his way home and Beckford looks more the part. Coleman has been improving every week and we still have plenty more games to move up the league table. COYB let's do it!!

BAD RESULTS........ thats what separates us from a positive frame of mind. if we played crap and turned 5 or 6 draws into wins the whole picture would have the majority of moaners still fiddling about in their neighbours tool shed, and not on this forum crying. moyes HAS to get the team running after lost causes/balls and we will make our luck turn for the better (refereeing decisions excepted)COYB......... there will be additions to the squad in the summer so why panic buy now

I think most fans are right behind this team and Moyes. Its this mickey mouse board we've got, where all the negativity is aimed!

But as th OP says we got to stay positive and get behind the team.

I will be leaving for london in half an hour, i'm sure we will spend the majority of the journey complaining about Everton. by time we get their it will be out of our systems, a few pints then on to support the blues.

COYB!!!!!

I will be leaving for london in half an hour, i'm sure we will spend the majority of the journey complaining about Everton. by time we get their it will be out of our systems, a few pints then on to support the blues.

COYB!!!!!

Enjoy it Harry & sing your heart out for the lads too

Good on everyone else too for the comments on this thread so far-some very sound opinions. COYB

I'll pos rep as many as I can boys :)

Last edited:
I know its disappointing that we didn't sign anyone and we have a fairly small squad - but to stay positive - we have always done better with a small squad and a tight knit group of player.

Our first XI is as good a smost in the Premier League - as it proved last Saturday - what we need is to be more consistent and have our better players playing to their expected levels.

I know we didn't sign anyone but I generally didn't see anyone move within our price bracket that would have made our side better - it would just have been a case of adding numbers.

In reality with the exception of Pienaar, we have lost 2 players on loan that weren't going to get a game anyway - one of which was on loan for most of the first half of the season as well.

Have faith my friends

I'm sick of all this negative tosh about the board , Just like OP says stay positive..Football has gone crazy , Last night proved that , 50 million here 35 million there , it's ridiculous, paying over the odds for players will come and bite these teams on the ass sooner or later..

I am sure all board haters would want a board to be spending the likes of this kind of Money but with this comes consequences , Higher ticket prices and season tickets prices and then again the moaning starts , It will be never ending..There is always something to moan about , Just get a grip , Keep Calm and Carry on...

Last edited by a moderator:
The silence from our leaders, Neville, Kenwright, is annoying. Moyes is the only one i see, and his face scares me lately.

I'm sick of all this negative s h i t e about the board , Just like OP says stay positive..Football has gone crazy , Last night proved that , 50 million here 35 million there , it's ridiculous, paying over the odds for players will come and bite these teams on the ass sooner or later..

I am sure all board haters would want a board to be spending the likes of this kind of Money but with this comes consequences , Higher ticket prices and season tickets prices and then again the moaning starts , It will be never ending..There is always something to moan about , Just get a grip , Keep Calm and Carry on...

As we are sliding down the league its very hard to watch the likes of sunderland overtake us,we had a great chance of the top 4 at the start of the season but other clubs are now spending and getting a lot better a class of player in as we lose ours.The summer we will have no money while others spend even more.The conclusion will be we will be fighting relegation again if we are lucky.A lot of fans can see it happening and thats why we are ragged off with it.

I'm sick of all this negative s h i t e about the board , Just like OP says stay positive..Football has gone crazy , Last night proved that , 50 million here 35 million there , it's ridiculous, paying over the odds for players will come and bite these teams on the ass sooner or later..

I like you dude, but come on the board are letting this wonderful club down! No one was expecting big name signings, but when we can't even get in loan signings somethings not right!

But not going to fall out with you, you have your opinion and I have mine. In fact thats what I like about you mate you have stuck to yours even when challenged , good on you.

But you are wrong hahahaha :)

Status
Not open for further replies.