We're doing alright. What's the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't his Stoke squad 1 point behind our far superior one on the back of finishing above us last season???

Stoke still have to play both Everton and Southampton away before Christmas as well as both Manchester teams.

Because the first ten games we played were against so many of the better teams it probably won't be possible to assess our form until we have played half of our fixtures .

Imagine vaulting someone's opinion on another manager to prove the current manager is good enough....

LOL.

FFS blues put Everton 1st

I see last weeks 6-2 win really rocked the plotters and they've had to try and retake some ground after a good 1-1 draw away from home against one of the leagues form teams.

Sad these people have so little self esteem and lack conviction in their own beliefs. Takes all sorts to make a forum though I suppose.

I thought we'd established his record against other managers stands up pretty well and then you asked me to prove you wanted David Weir (actual LOL) as manager over Martinez so I did mate.
So are you saying 16 wins from 50 is good enough for Everton?

LOL any crack how about failing to win in 34 of his last 50 PL games, that's not a crack that's a huge gap.

Imagine being satisfied with that.

FWIW, for me anyrate, it isnt about being satisfied with 7th, or 6th, or wherever we finished last season. It is about seeing, after a few matches in his first season, to quote myself, (dig it out if you want), that "whisper it quietly, but something is happening here"

That period round Christmas last season baffled and bewildered me, but with hindsight, I think we now know some of the reasons for that malaise.

This season is encouraging. It is an obvious medium/long term "project", (ugh) that is going on. The youth, the style, Martinez being way more flexible, and I, for one, enjoy seeing that. Maybe I am wrong, but I dont really care if we finish 6th or 8th.

But I have not enjoyed watching this Everton, and the season 1 Everton as much as I have, or a long time.

And that is NOT a dig at Moyes. We are moving on, and Martinez has my faith that he is the right bloke to head it up.

you seem a little too fixated on this stat, ian...while ignoring other stats which support the view Martinez is doing (as per the thread title) alright.
Which stat is that. I'm used to top 8 finishes (which is grim enough) last year 11th and I can't see us finishing above many teams in this years competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back