We're doing alright. What's the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think Howard had an unusually good year by his recent standards in Martinez's first year here. Which is a large part of the reason why our defence was so much better then than it has been since.

For those of you who enjoy a stat, after 12 games in our last 10 seasons we have averaged 17.5 points so, as the title says, we're doing alrite based on our own standards. Apart from last season and 12/13 season, we've finished in European spots with 17 or more points after 12 games. I've said it and so have others, we've had a solid start and with our 'favourable' run now we've given ourselves plenty to build on.

Points wise, we're not too far behind 13/14 season. OK, we're at the same point as we were last year, but can you see the same type of capitulation on the horizon? Not with the likes of Lukaku, Del and Barry in their current form and with important players on their way back from injury IMO.

For those of you who don't enjoy a stat, koff and get behind the team ffs.

If we can get six points from the next two games (more than doable) then we've set ourselves up for a really good run from now until Christmas.

21 points available from now until the new year. If we can match our current points total from those games, we'll be very well placed going into the second half of the season.

Ahead of Chelsea and the RS after a trickier than normal start. Not bad so far, will have another look at the Christmas when we've played everyone.

...the Pool were winning the league until yesterday but are still fancied for top 4 and we're ahead of them. 20 points at Xmas is safety, 25 is comfortable, 30 points is get your passports ready.

Watford draw - on paper should have won but draw was fair result
Southampton - fair
Man City - fair
Tottenham - Could have easily lost
Chelsea -fair
Swansea - should have won
West Brom - amazing comeback
Liverpool - fair
Man Utd - fair
Arsenal - could have drawn
Sunderland - fair
West Ham - fair

The points we're on seems a fair reflection of our performances. We're in a really good position to push on (does this sound like Martinez?) in the coming fixtures. Europe seems a real possibility. Or have I drank too much Chinese beer?
I agree...sometimes everything does go your way though like Leicester....sometimes it doesn't like Chelsea....We are bang in the middle of good and bad....Hopefully we have our traditional second half good form to push us up

It's the style of play that bothers me, boring and sleep inducing, most of the drawn games could have been wins if the
manager played with more adventure, Martinez, it seems to me is more scared of losing than going for a win, he'll have to change but I am quite sure he won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back