We're doing alright. What's the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already explained why
No, you didn't; you said we had some bad defensive performances and that we could afford to concede goals because we pushed past poor clubs. When did we do either that season? The only truly bad defensive performance I remember was at Anfield. Palace was terrible luck, Man City was giving up on the match because our season was over and we didn't want Liverpool crowned champions, and Arsenal in the Cup was throwing everyone forward at the end of the match.

No, you didn't; you said we had some bad defensive performances and that we could afford to concede goals because we pushed past poor clubs. When did we do either that season? The only truly bad defensive performance I remember was at Anfield. Palace was terrible luck, Man City was giving up on the match because our season was over and we didn't want Liverpool crowned champions, and Arsenal in the Cup was throwing everyone forward at the end of the match.
I think the point is, you're only looking at the results. You've only mentioned games we lost, when I think part of what Mikey is saying is that we defended poorly in some games but got away with it. Swansea at home springs to mind, and I remember us being run ragged for the last 20 minutes at home to Norwich.

Just watching Spurs. Youngest team in the Prem, and a clear defined way of playing. Looks like Poch is building something there (regardless of result today). I just don't have a sense of that with us, despite all the talk of our younger players.

Just a question. But all you "plotters," for lack of better word- people that don't think Martinez is the right man to lead us forward- who would you replace him with? Which manager would come to us that would actually be an improvement on Martinez?

Just a question. But all you "plotters," for lack of better word- people that don't think Martinez is the right man to lead us forward- who would you replace him with? Which manager would come to us that would actually be an improvement on Martinez?

Well you've got Nigel Pearson, Sean Dyche, Harry Redknapp, Tim Sherwood and alan Pardew to name but 5.

Only problem is that the best choice there might not want to leave Palace.

Well you've got Nigel Pearson, Sean Dyche, Harry Redknapp, Tim Sherwood and alan Pardew to name but 5.

Only problem is that the best choice there might not want to leave Palace.

None of those are better than Martinez. Dyche is the only one that could compare. But you need to remember than Wigan and Burnley were very similar teams in terms of money, and Martinez both kept Wigan up and won an FA Cup.

None of those are better than Martinez. Dyche is the only one that could compare. But you need to remember than Wigan and Burnley were very similar teams in terms of money, and Martinez both kept Wigan up and won an FA Cup.

He kept Wigan up? Cool, can't wait till we play them.

And all those managers either have a better win ratio than Martinez or at least equal his honours.

Our season will be defined in January rather than now. We may have dropped a few points but considering teams like city,United,spurs,arsenal could well finish above us and then others like Southampton our rivals then winning the games now is what that matters. We put a good run together and stay up there in terms of challenging for something then it doesn't matter how others get on.remember the likes of West ham are above us, palace, Leicester etc. they won't be there come may, now the time to make sure we are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back