We're doing alright. What's the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To still stubbornly refuse to accept that we have problems with our defence is getting plain irresponsible now

There's still plenty of time to fix them, but it needs to be done sooner rather than later
I seen a pretty tight defence out there today, missing our influential left back and also our captain.

What do you reckon the solution is?

Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ

Watford draw - on paper should have won but draw was fair result
Southampton - fair
Man City - fair
Tottenham - Could have easily lost
Chelsea -fair
Swansea - should have won
West Brom - amazing comeback
Liverpool - fair
Man Utd - fair
Arsenal - could have drawn
Sunderland - fair
West Ham - fair

The points we're on seems a fair reflection of our performances. We're in a really good position to push on (does this sound like Martinez?) in the coming fixtures. Europe seems a real possibility. Or have I drank too much Chinese beer?

yes we are if you're happy with average performances and mid table mediocrity.

Decent teams do us over
average teams are happy to not lose against us
we only beat teams who are struggling with poor form...and sometimes not then

our bang average manager is a nice bloke who mostly talks absolute tosh, but as long as he doesn't mess up too much he has a job for life

yes we are if you're happy with average performances and mid table mediocrity.

Decent teams do us over
average teams are happy to not lose against us
we only beat teams who are struggling with poor form...and sometimes not then

our bang average manager is a nice bloke who mostly talks absolute tosh, but as long as he doesn't mess up too much he has a job for life

Most of us flit between demanding NSNO and resigning ourselves to the fact that for over 25 years we've not been top 4 contenders, nevermind title challengers. Just depends on what kind of season we're having.

I think we are quite close to becoming a top team in spite of a useless Chairman. And we have got a top manager in RM. Lukaku now looks an inspired buy and even Kone, after a couple of years of bad luck, is looking value at 5 million. As for Del Boy.. that was masterful. Funes looks like a good buy. I can even forgive him his blindness for Howard. And mc Carthy and Barry were obtained on cheap terms. Not one cock-up. Compare and contrast with almost any other manager.

If only we could have nailed Yarmenolka that might have been that extra quality up-front that we lacked yesterday.

It might be the case that Lukaku leaves next summer but in any case I bet you RM is planning for that now.

First one is a mention based only on the internal candidates and the 2nd is a comment on my lack of confidence in Martinez and him dragging out average league position down. But you think that means I want it wanted Wier in? LOL

@ianefc is officially on the bell list. He is in good company though: adversus, zatara and ashtonian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back