We're doing alright. What's the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, for me anyrate, it isnt about being satisfied with 7th, or 6th, or wherever we finished last season. It is about seeing, after a few matches in his first season, to quote myself, (dig it out if you want), that "whisper it quietly, but something is happening here"

That period round Christmas last season baffled and bewildered me, but with hindsight, I think we now know some of the reasons for that malaise.

This season is encouraging. It is an obvious medium/long term "project", (ugh) that is going on. The youth, the style, Martinez being way more flexible, and I, for one, enjoy seeing that. Maybe I am wrong, but I dont really care if we finish 6th or 8th.

But I have not enjoyed watching this Everton, and the season 1 Everton as much as I have, or a long time.

And that is NOT a dig at Moyes. We are moving on, and Martinez has my faith that he is the right bloke to head it up.
Whilst that's all very nice I'm afraid you're deluded if you think some of the exciting young players we have are going to hang around whilst he gets it right, if he gets it right.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/moyes-potential-replacement.53652/page-398#post-1943233

ianefc

Player Valuation: £500k

I Have joked about it before, but I would definately take Benitez, don't give a **** about his previous
Is that the current manager of Real Madrid? The manager who won la liga with Valencia the manager who won the European cup with Liverpool?

Yep shyte him

But wait he called us small once

So why don't we all act really really small time and hold that against him

K DEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back