Wes Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time I looked Wes Brown could be officially described as being 'rat ****'.

Neville, Hibbert and Coleman can all play right back. Distin, Heitinga, Jagielka and Yobo can all play centre back.

I can see no reason to sign an injury prone 50k a week carthorse.

The last time I looked Wes Brown could be officially described as being 'rat ****'.

Neville, Hibbert and Coleman can all play right back. Distin, Heitinga, Jagielka and Yobo can all play centre back.

I can see no reason to sign an injury prone 50k a week carthorse.

This and even if it transpired that Distin for example attracted potential suitors this summer, and JH then got his wish to play centre back as unlikely as that is, as carp as Brown is as a 1st choice CB he still wouldn't come in and play back-up anyway. Ideal signing for someone like Stoke for their 1st season in Europe imo.

Another United reject that Moyes apparently is first in line to purchase, when will be learn?

Give Duffy a chance instead.

Another United reject that Moyes apparently is first in line to purchase, when will be learn?

Give Duffy a chance instead.

Has anyone asked DM if he is interested though- so many levels on whih suh a transfer would not work. The media again are using the fact he's not on the best terms with fergie to link him with the best of the rest and the fact he does not wish to move out of the North West. I mentioned Stoke but if Cahill leaves Bolton that's another option for Brown potentially but absolutely not us.

If he was free I'd consider it, but certainly not at £3m. We're well covered at right back and despatched Yobo because we couldn't afford to pay a fourth choice senior centreback.

I personally still think Agger is worth a look. He's the right age, comfortable on the ball and could cover for Baines and Distin. If they get Dann, I doubt they'd have much room for him in the squad.

I cant wait to sign him he will bring much needed cover to the back four

Id even go so far as to start with him at right back from the get go

If he was free I'd consider it, but certainly not at £3m. We're well covered at right back and despatched Yobo because we couldn't afford to pay a fourth choice senior centreback.

I personally still think Agger is worth a look. He's the right age, comfortable on the ball and could cover for Baines and Distin. If they get Dann, I doubt they'd have much room for him in the squad.

He's had his moments too though Billy with injuries, but still in the right age bracket. Personally I'd wait see and what happens with Distin- we will not turn down a sizeable bid for him considering his age- Agger not a bad shout if he's over his injury woes, other than that it would be looking at the continent for me if one of Distin or Heitinga is allowed to leave.

He's had his moments too though Billy with injuries, but still in the right age bracket. Personally I'd wait see and what happens with Distin- we will not turn down a sizeable bid for him considering his age- Agger not a bad shout if he's over his injury woes, other than that it would be looking at the continent for me if one of Distin or Heitinga is allowed to leave.

Yeah. He'll be 27 at Christmas and his deal runs until 2014. If we spent what we got for Yobo on Agger I wouldn't be disappointed, as he's 4 years younger and left-sided. Hopefully we'd keep it on the deck with him at the back too.

Yeah. He'll be 27 at Christmas and his deal runs until 2014. If we spent what we got for Yobo on Agger I wouldn't be disappointed, as he's 4 years younger and left-sided. Hopefully we'd keep it on the deck with him at the back too.
Would never happen. I don't think Agger would be short of offers on the continent if he was to leave Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back