Wes Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replacing Yobo with Wes Brown would have to go down as one of Moyes' dumbest ideas.

Although I just think it's paper talk; "Oh look, a United player might be on his way out... well they usually go to Everton."

You do realise we've been playing Tony flipping Hibbert at RB for years? Brown would hardly get me excited but he's a step up from that abysmal player.

Vote yes if you never want to see Tony Hibbert at centre half.

Just to be all contrversial, i wouldnt mind getting Brown in and selling Heitinga - hes a better defender for me.

Vote yes if you never want to see Tony Hibbert at centre half.

Just to be all contrversial, i wouldnt mind getting Brown in and selling Heitinga - hes a better defender for me.

Ah. Now I can see why you think Al Habsi is a better keeper than Howard...

You're mental.

Its all opinon mate,

Al Habsi is better then Howard and Heitinga isnt all that either - not to mention hes a ted. Brown is a good player, a good defender.

Yeah mate, I know. And the aliens did abduct you. It's okay. No one thinks you're mental.

Yeah mate, I know. And the aliens did abduct you. It's okay. No one thinks you're mental.

No need to be rude mate, just becasue someone has a different opinion, lets be honest its easy to say hes a bad player just becuase the vast majority in the thread have.

As for Howard V Al Habsi - i think the Wigan game against them this year outlined the capabilites of both keepers. Al Habsi was one of the best keepers in the league this season.

No need to be rude mate, just becasue someone has a different opinion, lets be honest its easy to say hes a bad player just becuase the vast majority in the thread have.

As for Howard V Al Habsi - i think the Wigan game against them this year outlined the capabilites of both keepers. Al Habsi was one of the best keepers in the league this season.

Just having a laugh, Neilsy.

I think with Howard, you're either an absolute genius, or you're just a bit too harsh on him.

In terms of Wes Brown, I don't think he's a bad player at all. I just know he's old and I don't think he's all that. Heitinga in my opinion is a better defender, a more versatile player and is 5 years younger. Wes Brown for me would not be an adequate replacement. That said, if we sold Heitinga for £8 mil and got Brown for £2 mil, I'd be quite pleased. So long as the difference went towards a striker or something.

C'mon lads, he's not as bad as John O'Kane if we're talking United rejects:
O_KANE_John_19990321_GH_L.jpg

Just having a laugh, Neilsy.

I think with Howard, you're either an absolute genius, or you're just a bit too harsh on him.

In terms of Wes Brown, I don't think he's a bad player at all. I just know he's old and I don't think he's all that. Heitinga in my opinion is a better defender, a more versatile player and is 5 years younger. Wes Brown for me would not be an adequate replacement. That said, if we sold Heitinga for £8 mil and got Brown for £2 mil, I'd be quite pleased. So long as the difference went towards a striker or something.

Howards poor mate, ive said it about 50 mill ways, most dont agree so i wont go on about it, but hes a massive liability.

I dont rate Heitinga as much as most either, especialy as a defender, he doesnt have the postional awareness for me and is drawn to the ball all the time - his natural aggression means he wants to be in the thick of everything and i think that leads to poor deisions poor postioning etc, i thought he could make a cracking defenive midfeilder but again positionaly and retainng pocession arent his strong points - i think if he didnt think he was brilliant and allowed himself to be coached a little he could become a very good player.

Borwns a cracking defender, if fit - which is a big if i know the year Utd won their last Champions Leaguehe was prob the best defender in the country.

Howards poor mate, ive said it about 50 mill ways, most dont agree so i wont go on about it, but hes a massive liability.

I dont rate Heitinga as much as most either, especialy as a defender, he doesnt have the postional awareness for me and is drawn to the ball all the time - his natural aggression means he wants to be in the thick of everything and i think that leads to poor deisions poor postioning etc, i thought he could make a cracking defenive midfeilder but again positionaly and retainng pocession arent his strong points - i think if he didnt think he was brilliant and allowed himself to be coached a little he could become a very good player.

I'll skim Howard, as you're set in your ways and I'm not going to try and change your opinion of him. Especially as I'm not his biggest fan anyway -- I just think he's better than you say he is.

Heitinga... well I actually kind of agree with your assessment of him. I just think, with age taken into account, he's a better player to have than Brown. Easily.

I'll skim Howard, as you're set in your ways and I'm not going to try and change your opinion of him. Especially as I'm not his biggest fan anyway -- I just think he's better than you say he is.

Heitinga... well I actually kind of agree with your assessment of him. I just think, with age taken into account, he's a better player to have than Brown. Easily.

Super Sylvian was 32 when he came - granted he has had less injries the Brown, hes actually been fit for the last few season - apparently the reason he isnt in the Utd team is that he called Fergie a very bad name, jokingly in front of younger players last summer in America - Fergie hasnt looked at him since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back