Match Thread West Ham United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This could effectively be the last game of the season for us. Given the fixtures of the clubs immediately above us, if we lose we are looking at finishing between 8th and 11th. To be fair I would say that's about right for the way we've played for most of the season. We've wasted countless chances to get points in more winnable games than this one. With 1 win in the last 6 matches it's difficult to see anything other than a West Ham win. At least then Ancelotti and Brands can sit down together and try and plan a coherent transfer policy for between now and next season.

Not sure how we'll win this, our midfield is so poor compared to pretty much any team in the Premier league. With that in mind I'll go with Pickford, Coleman, Mina, Godfrey, Digne, Allan, Davies, James, Siggs, Richy, CL. This all based on James being fit of course.

Not sure how we'll win this, our midfield is so poor compared to pretty much any team in the Premier league. With that in mind I'll go with Pickford, Coleman, Mina, Godfrey, Digne, Allan, Davies, James, Siggs, Richy, CL. This all based on James being fit of course.
We've needed to bypass the midfield for loads of games but insist on a slow, laboured build up allowing the opposition time to set their defence. However, there's no point hoofing it against West Ham, because they're so strong in the air. Keep it tight, hope to nick one, which has pretty much been our tactics for most of the season.

Last Chance Saloon for Europe I think.

We need to get back to a 4-2-3-1 it's more successful for our squad.

Question marks over Doucoure and James so hopefully we bring Davies back in and Bernard should come in for Iwobi who hasn't done anything for a good while.

Pickford
Coleman - Mina - Godfrey - Digne
Allan - Davies
Bernard - Sigurdsson - Richarlison
DCL

Obviously if we can bring Doucoure or James, we go 4-3-3 with:
Allan - Doucoure - Davies
James - DCL - Richarlison

In Carlo, We Trust
UTFB!

Win this and we are still in the hunt for europe.

Yeah, ok.

Really can't be bothered with this.

Players really need to perform if they want it and I just don't think we have the quality or attitude.

Nothing to do with Carlo.

Love to be proven wrong but can't see it now.

I`d like to see us go 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-2-2 TBH, just think our players suit that batter...

4-2-3-1
Pickford

Coleman Godfrey Keane Digne

Allan Doucoure/Davies

Bernard Rogriguez Richarlison

DCL​
4-2-2-2
Pickford

Coleman Godfrey Keane Digne

Allan Doucoure/Davies

Bernard _________________ Rodriguez

DCL Richarlison​

I am (probably stupidly) expecting us to do ok in this. I imagine the [Poor language removed] will win all their remaining games since United will be on their hands and feet by the time they play their 4th game in 8 days. So no margin for error if we want to finish above them And we can only hope they slip up. A draw would be a decent result against this much improved Hammers team but we have to go for it. I would drop Richarlison and play King from the start. You/Carlo cannot go on rewarding poor performances with a place. I can see a Michael Keane returning.

I am (probably stupidly) expecting us to do ok in this. I imagine the [Poor language removed] will win all their remaining games since United will be on their hands and feet by the time they play their 4th game in 8 days. So no margin for error if we want to finish above them And we can only hope they slip up. A draw would be a decent result against this much improved Hammers team but we have to go for it. I would drop Richarlison and play King from the start. You/Carlo cannot go on rewarding poor performances with a place. I can see a Michael Keane returning.
That would mean starting with at least 6 from the under 23s

Certainly won’t be watching it, can’t watch this half arsed style of football again this season.

Probably go and nick a draw I think.
Liverpool will win tomorrow night and if Spurs get anything at Leeds then Europa league will be gone too.

Status
Not open for further replies.