West Ham Utd 1-2 Everton. Sat 22nd Dec @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of thoughts:

- If we were to resort back to playing one up top, it would have to be Anichebe at the moment. Vic was pretty damn good I thought, and Jela is miles off it right now. In saying that, I liked having the two of them up there.

- Neville was okay, but you just can't help but wonder what it would be like having a good player in his position.

- Pienaar has found his form again, he was very good. Osman too, and those two plus Baines and Gibbo were the difference.

- Heitinga is terrible, time to cash in.

That's about all I can really take from that game. It turned into a Monty Python sketch at around the hour mark there.

Neville is not a central midfielder by PL standards. Never has been, never will be. If he has to play, then he should be at RB and only when Coleman and Hibberts are both out, as they were today. Someone earlier said that accommodating him in the lineup at CM meant playing other players out of position, most notably Jags and Osman, who is never going to be a wide player. Heitinga was having a nightmare and should have been on the bench before the first half ended.
With six defensive players apart from Howard, it was clear Moyes was playing for the draw. Given who was available -- and judging by the number of others who were bemoaning the starting XI -- I would have gone for something along the lines of:

Howard
Neville-Jags-Distin-Baines
Barkley-Osman-Gibson-Pienaar
Vellios-Jelavic

I'll give Anichebe his due for the way he played today.
Thats crap mate in fairness. If you dont like him you dont like him but if he was playing for the draw he would have made changes well before he did. I dont think we have played for a draw before the 80th minute this season. Just because it appears an "ugly" team selection doesnt mean it cant work.

I thought we played OK today. We were the better team but we are not firing on all cylinders. Heitinga was being owned by Cole and was targeted as a weak link. Gibson in the first half was wayward with his passing, Neville played it as simple as could be, Osman was a delight to watch, Peinaar and Baines caused problems, Anichebe surprised me with his hold up play, his first touch passing and his spinning off the defender. Jelavic (erm how can I put this without getting abuse off people) cannot hold the ball up , is a poor passer and when not on form is a waste of space. The service is not great to him at the moment but he has to work at holding the ball and staying on his feet. Overall a welcome and deserved 3 points yet we can be much better.

We all knew this was going to happen.

Heitinga not tight enough to Cole.

Brilliant selections.

If this ends up as another ****ing 1-1 draw, **** this. I shouldn't be getting this angry either, it's ****ing holiday season and this is only football, but ****.

And the game unfolded with a sense of tedious inevtiability.

Moyes can suck my balls for bringing Neville in centre mid and not right back, Heitinga's been crap Jags is our best centreback. Right now Moist can fk off to Germany for all i care.

im very tempted to give up watching football now. this is ridiculous and a waste of time. We are playing against officials and 11 men every week. Its pathetic, why waste time watching it

FFS heitinga and VIC in the starting line up

Can't be bothered with this, we look poor and got no chance against 12 men.

Struggling like ****. Lineup simply hasn't worked.

there is no way in the world we will win this. That's not how football works. what's the point in waiting all week for the football and for it to be ruined withing 15 mins by some semi-professional.

you will see that its a master srtoke by moyes for a nailed on 1-1 away win for the toffees!

I can't see us scoring two today, the best we can hope for is a draw really.

Sh*te West Ham side making us look like mugs. Turning into a regular thing this.

if 2 subs are made at HT we are going to try get summat out of the game if it stays the same i ll personally go looking for that german job for DM

Can't wait to see what effect Moyes' stirring halftime team talk will have.

So we've been gash and Moyes' half time teamtalk always makes us worse, I'm not holding much hope out.

no it can be blamed on david moyes. the sooner he leaves the better

I bolded some highlights. I particularly like all the people saying Moyes out.
Fume in 3,2,....
*looks at league table*

Yep, we're fourth. Just had to check.

I bolded some highlights. I particularly like all the people saying Moyes out.

*looks at league table*

Yep, we're fourth. Just had to check.

To be fair mate, it's the first time we've won from behind at half time for like 5 years or something, Moyes isn't a motivator, nor did he do much different after half time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back