Match Thread West Ham v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
what can you do as a manager when your CB makes a tackles like that to compund the injury/suspension woes.
and when your left with Iwobi at CM its a shambles waiting to happen, over and over
shouldve played Gordon instead of Iwobi
didnt force west ham out of 3rd gear, couldve been a lot more.

Last edited:

What is it, 7 league defeats in 11?

You'd be a bit mad not too.

Sure, the players are the biggest problem but no Everton manager should get a free pass.
This is all the time we’re giving managers now, then?

He inherited a monumental disaster on and off the pitch.

We have looked better, even if we’re not getting traction with results. We were never going to catapult ourselves up the table.

Just watched their winner.

Is that Mykolenko playing him on?

Also, a tad harsh perhaps, but he also should do better with marking Bowen on the rebound - pickup a man, not space.

Can see also how much pace Godfrey had to have had to get to him, milliseconds from a cruncher
Great pick of exactly where things are at

I have not said a word against Lampard so far but I feel he was wrong today, not playing our best player in Gorden from the start and even then bringing him on just 12 minutes from the end. I know DCL was not playing well but we were getting beat when he takes off a striker. I also Firmly believe that Patterson is not getting a look in because of what he said after the Scotland game last week.
What did he say?
I know Iwobi messed up for the goal but wasn't the only one at fault but was the catalyst. Regardless I thought he was our brightest player so I went for him as MOTM.
We should also have a poll for stinker of the match
The problem is we only get one vote. ?

Ironically iwobi’s best game for us and yet mis controls an easy pass and costs us what could end up being a valuable point
Not disputing Iwobi’s part in their 2nd goal but Keane’s fannying just before that shows why we are so very bad and create so little.

Richarlison had pushed into space on the left and is showing for the ball. A simple pass to him puts us on the attack and pegs West Ham back.

Instead Keane stumbles round in a circle and passes a nothing ball to Iwobi, who is just in front of him, the rest is history.

Had Iwobi controlled the ball, the next pass looked as if it would naturally go backwards to Kenny or Godfrey.

We see the individual mistakes but the underlying negativity and lack of ambition (cowardice ?) is what’s killing us.

To be honest when we equalised I thought it would end up 3-1 to West Ham so the end result was better than I thought. A couple of mistakes was our downfall, in fact when they got their goals they were against the run of play. Pity our finishing (apart from on the training pitch) is so poor.

I went for Jordan Pickford as MoM as he had a good game and couldn't do anything about their goals.

Just beat Burnley on Wednesday Everton, pretty please?

Not saying he is a master tactician, but he will target certain games where they feel they can get something out of it. Three points against a side at the top of the table is no good if they lose to a side just above them and create a gap. Also, our team are crap atm.

Played much better today ;)

We won’t get beat on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back