Match Thread West Ham v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought it was a marked improvement in our away form today, thought we deserved a draw, but silly little errors are costing us dearly, but at least we are making chances, we've just got to start taking them. Worries me we are going to face Burnley away with our two tallest centre halves not playing. Everton that and can we please have a decent ref, just for once.

Listen results aside that was better than the dross we've been witnessing all season. Thought Iwobi was good today bar the error that lead to the goal. No Keane is a plus in my eyes. Possibly Holgate too so we pair Godfrey with Branthwaite. Gordon gotta start on Wednesday. I'd drop Gray tbh

Thought Iwobi played well today in what was essentially a makeshift midfield. Keane - the less said the better. Ended the game really. Thought Mykolenko was positive and Godfrey had a decent game too. Lots of passing across the front 4 - We just do not look creative going forward enough though. JJK cannot really cross a ball and isnt a great defender. Hopefully we will see Coleman return for Wednesdayas his experience might be needed. Cannot believe we finished the game with Holgate wearing the armband... Not as disturning as the recent performances but certainly piles the pressure on for Wednesday. DCL and Richy wont get much from the Burnley grocks.
Richy and DCL were crap. Give Dobbin a run out .

Richy and DCL were crap. Give Dobbin a run out .
They’re both letting us down, and the galling thing is they’re the two lads touted for big money moves. You don’t typically get tons of chances in the prem, and from the Brighton home game onwards the pair of them have missed plenty, and barely scored (if at all). If we go down they’re culpable and no mistake.

I’m not worried about the result today. This was always going to be a difficult game, especially with our away form.

However, it’s crucial we take something from the game on Wednesday as Burnley will be looking at this as a vital home tie for them. This is a chance to deal them a dispiriting blow. Even a draw would give us a little boost and feel like a loss to them.

Our home games are where we need to start taking three points.

They’re both letting us down, and the galling thing is they’re the two lads touted for big money moves. You don’t typically get tons of chances in the prem, and from the Brighton home game onwards the pair of them have missed plenty, and barely scored (if at all). If we go down they’re culpable and no mistake.
Would struggle to get more than 40 each for them now. Some big shots.

Listen results aside that was better than the dross we've been witnessing all season. Thought Iwobi was good today bar the error that lead to the goal. No Keane is a plus in my eyes. Possibly Holgate too so we pair Godfrey with Branthwaite. Gordon gotta start on Wednesday. I'd drop Gray tbh
Are we better than it though?

Gonna be close unless we can get some points from somewhere.....

Wednesday is must win or must not lose, win it and go 7 clear of Burnley and 6 clear of Watford could be huge. We still have to go to Watford, that is another big one. Don`t discount Watford, their home games are Everton, Leeds, Brentford, Burnley and Leicester.

1649007989687.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back