Match Thread West Ham v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got in so not sure if its been mentioned. I d be amazed if it hasnt been tho. Not for the first time under Frank or the FSW but why the hell arent we bringing a striker on with 10 to go and taking the likes of Kenny off. I just dont get it. 2-1 for the home side is always nervy at the end but we just let the game run its course without putting any pressure on them. I d have brought Rondon and Dobbin on for Kenny and i dont care who even Pickford. What have you got to lose. Baffled. Please explain?

Just got in so not sure if its been mentioned. I d be amazed if it hasnt been tho. Not for the first time under Frank or the FSW but why the hell arent we bringing a striker on with 10 to go and taking the likes of Kenny off. I just dont get it. 2-1 for the home side is always nervy at the end but we just let the game run its course without putting any pressure on them. I d have brought Rondon and Dobbin on for Kenny and i dont care who even Pickford. What have you got to lose. Baffled. Please explain?
Maybe with 11 men on the field, but down to 10 his hands were pretty tied

We didn't crumble today though. Yes we lost because of the quality of players available imo but the players actually put a shift in and tried. Largely unlucky today overall and two individual errors costing us. Compared to other games this season I see improvement. If we play like that against Burnley we'll win.
I hope so mate, but we really have to stop these errors, I’ve lost count of how many goals we’ve conced due to our own lack of mentality. We seem to panic in certain situations.

Another defeat but after the initial frustration of 0 points, that was an improvement on some of the dross away performances served up recently. Branthwaite should finally get a chance against Burnley. Maybe Dele for Iwobi, rest of starting 11 probably the same. West Ham are a good, organised side, much better than Burnley.
We need to avoid doing what we normally do and lower our standards according to the opposition! We should be able to control the game against them.

Not for the first time under Frank or the FSW but why the hell arent we bringing a striker on with 10 to go and taking the likes of Kenny off. I just dont get it. 2-1 for the home side is always nervy at the end but we just let the game run its course without putting any pressure on them. I d have brought Rondon and Dobbin on for Kenny
Absolutely spot on, and yet there are posters on this forum who insist the manager is not at fault, its all down to the players

My take on it now I have had a think....

Positives

Good shape to the team, defensively we looked OK apart from the individual mistakes, we played the 4-1-4-1 which became a 4-3-3 I have been banging on about. The formation and tactics seemed to work it was just the players within that i.e. Holgate late call up to CM but he done OK, Iwobi playing CM which didnt suit him but was affective with him and Doucoure carrying the ball forward. I think an Allan in the 6 with VDB/Alli or VDB/Doucoure in the two 8 slots would work well.

We had chances, Richy had 2 good chances which he spurned and DCL had a really good chance, 3 guilt edged opportunities which they should have done better with. We could have been winning before they got their second.

Kept the ball well, with 45% possession that is probably the highest we`ve had for quite some time and 13 shots, only 2 on target with 5 blocked.

It appears that the team were pee`d off we didnt get anything, I don`t think West Ham were that great which tells you everything about the strength of the PL and we nullified them in the main.

Negatives

We lost and still in a relegation fight, need a response and a big W on Wednesday to move 7 points clear and give us belief again.

COYBs, we aren`t dead and buried yet, just feels like it when we lose most weeks.....

Everton aren`t we!

Another defeat but after the initial frustration of 0 points, that was an improvement on some of the dross away performances served up recently. Branthwaite should finally get a chance against Burnley. Maybe Dele for Iwobi, rest of starting 11 probably the same. West Ham are a good, organised side, much better than Burnley.
We need to avoid doing what we normally do and lower our standards according to the opposition! We should be able to control the game against them.
That performance wasn't that bad, we just need players that can defend, score, and pass to each other and we will be fine .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back