What are you currently listening to?

While I have posted Burzum in the past, I never was a big black metal fan. Why it went down the Kiss route I'll never know. I hate Kiss with a passion.
Well, quite different applications/intentions tbh - it's about looking DeMoNic aNd EvIl and crap like that, while making heavy and "evil" music. An over-exaggeration of evilness if you will.

Kiss are the biggest market scam that's happened in rock music* and they use theirs to look like what kids think rock stars should look like for that exact reason. For easy listening they're one of the better "hard rock" radio bands, but the overall KISS product is just cringe now that I've moved past the age of 12-13. Still got a few bangers, mind, but just don't look at the videos :lol:

* Just as a note - in an era where everyone and their grandad was trying to scam the listeners and score a radio rock hit; a ton of "one hit wonder" van-rock bands too (Autograph, anyone?); other half-manufactured bands a-la Sex Pistols (which is quite an simplification of their situation, I know). So Kiss, in reality, being as famous as they are/were, were by far the biggest success story there.

Anyway, @Gwladys St. Glory was it you who recommended this absolute TUNE?

Loving this and my newfound love for Gojira (yes, after the olympics performance, don't judge me) for gym music, so thanks! :)
For any metal fans that haven't seen it somehow, or have annoying commentary over it, here's the video without those (should be a public link as it's from Eurosport).

Yessir; dig their unique flavour.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back