What are you currently listening to?

Magdalena Bay's new album is out today too, you might like them

Have you listened to this yet C.? It's really good, I loved it. Dream pop with a heavy dose of Kylie chucked in for good measure.

Wasn't overly fussed on the latest Illuminati Hotties one though. It was OK I suppose.

Have you listened to this yet C.? It's really good, I loved it. Dream pop with a heavy dose of Kylie chucked in for good measure.

Wasn't overly fussed on the latest Illuminati Hotties one though. It was OK I suppose.

I have once, but I was quite busy working so I'll need to again but I did enjoy it. Their first album is good too, probably a bit more 'out there' and more like Jockstrap style songs, more jolty etc

I agree on the hotties, I think they were better when more lofi

@chicoazul You'll likely not remember me mentioning this as it was years ago...but I found it today, to my joy, while cleaning out my CD collection. Thought it was stolen when my vehicle got broken in to +/- 20 years ago. These go for a mint now; out of production etc.

Feel like I won the lotto today.

53945048211_464eedbaf1_k.jpg

@chicoazul You'll likely not remember me mentioning this as it was years ago...but I found it today, to my joy, while cleaning out my CD collection. Thought it was stolen when my vehicle got broken in to +/- 20 years ago. These go for a mint now; out of production etc.

Feel like I won the lotto today.

53945048211_464eedbaf1_k.jpg
I remember and made up you found it and it found you. Enjoy man. Floyd, lad.

Loving this latest from Amy & Co. if the rest of the album is as good as the first 2 singles it's another one to watch out for. This one is giving me Firestarter vibes for some reason.

I think I prefer their previous albums too, but this does have a fair few decent songs. Looks like they're going to be massive now too, not really sure how they have managed it as they don't have many big radio songs but rather them be massive than some of the other dross out there
Massive by current guitar/rock band standards. But I think the days of such bands making it mainstream are well and truly over. Just looking at the first days Spotify figures and the album streamed around 300,000 which is great. But compare that to Short n sweet which streamed over 4 million on it's opening day sort of puts it into perspective.

I see they're headlining Finsbury Park next year though which is a big deal.

On my third listen now and I love it. In the Modern World, Romance, Sundowner and Death Kink are all great tracks plus the 3 singles. Favourite is probably my song of the decade. I thought they were fantastic at Reading yesterday too. He's so charismatic without actually saying or doing much.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back