• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

What Clubs Other Than Everton Do You like To See Do Well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Borussia Dortmund, love 'em and Im gutted they lost the German Cup today to Bayern. I also like a couple of other German teams, Hamburg, Monchengladbach, Stuttgart to name a few.

As for English teams, Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday. I studied at Sheffield Polythechnic and used to go to as many games as I could when not traveling to see Everton (I was still an Everton season ticket holder and went to a few away games too). If I wasn't off to see Everton I caught whichever Sheffield team was at home. It was fun watching the Blades, they were quite good at the time too.

I also have soft spots for Nottingham Forest, Leicester, Derby and Barnsley, Athletic Bilbao (because Kendall went there) and Hibs.

If any of them ever player EFC though, I'd want us to destroy them! :)

Crystal Palace. I have no rational reason.

I do. The owner of my local soccer bar is a Palace fan. He gives away free drinks when they're ahead.

So, for me, Crystal Palace in English footie for very self-serving reasons, DC United in Yankland, und die wunderbare Fussballklub St Pauli aus Hamburg.

I lived in Lübeck not too far from Hamburg for my study abroad, and I could just never get in Hamburger SV... St Pauli, on the other hand... Tons of fun.

Seattle Sounders FC...used to go to games when they were USL-1. Amazing how the transition to MLS has gone. The atmosphere is incredible.

In England...don't generally hate Stoke...passionate fans...

Seattle Sounders FC...used to go to games when they were USL-1. Amazing how the transition to MLS has gone. The atmosphere is incredible.

In England...don't generally hate Stoke...passionate fans...

Yer a closet Brek Shea fan aren't ya lad.

shea.jpg

C'mon, be honest. This picture gets to you, doesn't it.

My brother is a Spurs fan and I don't mind seeing them do well, as long as it isn't at our expense. He's always asking about Everton so I think he realises he made a terrible error when he was younger.

I think I might have ended up Spurs if not here... I guess I was guided correctly and spared your brother's trauma.

Beyond EFC?

Leyton Orient - thanks to Men In Blazers and their ace interview with Barry Hearn.

1860 Munich - one of my good friends moved to Munich, was a Bayern fan at the time. When I visited in 2013, was totally on board with Sechzig. "The club of the people." Oh, and they wear blue. Bundesliga2, so a tiny David against a huge Goliath.

Portland Timbers - wife from there, my sister lives there, legit fanbase. (and rival Seattle has a support club called "YNYA" - you'll never yacht alone... imagine snooty richie rich kopites in boats and nautical gear smoking pipes? God help us all.)

FC Tucson - yeah, it's like the US equivalent of whatever is below League 2, but F it, it's our local side. Proud to be a Cactus Prick.

Moving to South America (Paraguay) in a couple months, so will tack on whatever Asuncion team is the closest to my neighborhood, and am hoping to see the Chilean Everton (Everton de Vina del Mar) at some point while there.

I think I might have ended up Spurs if not here... I guess I was guided correctly and spared your brother's trauma.

Beyond EFC?

Leyton Orient - thanks to Men In Blazers and their ace interview with Barry Hearn.

1860 Munich - one of my good friends moved to Munich, was a Bayern fan at the time. When I visited in 2013, was totally on board with Sechzig. "The club of the people." Oh, and they wear blue. Bundesliga2, so a tiny David against a huge Goliath.

Portland Timbers - wife from there, my sister lives there, legit fanbase. (and rival Seattle has a support club called "YNYA" - you'll never yacht alone... imagine snooty richie rich kopites in boats and nautical gear smoking pipes? God help us all.)

FC Tucson - yeah, it's like the US equivalent of whatever is below League 2, but F it, it's our local side. Proud to be a Cactus [Poor language removed].

Moving to South America (Paraguay) in a couple months, so will tack on whatever Asuncion team is the closest to my neighborhood, and am hoping to see the Chilean Everton (Everton de Vina del Mar) at some point while there.

OUCH...you just called me an American Kopite. Portland have a great fanbase...love their passion...love that town. I lived there for a few years. Really loved it. I lived on the corner of 21st and Hoyt...AWESOME neighborhood. However, folks from Portland have this weird Napoleon complex with Seattle. Yes, Portland...your town is ace, but Seattle is better. Build another bridge and get over it already.

Roda JC.....sad season as just relegated from Eredivisie under Jon Dahl Thommasson.

Raith Rovers.

Stalybridge Celtic.....saw Big Nev playing in nets against them for Winsford many, many moons ago.......and Luther Blissett after he came back from AC Milan as I always wondered how he could be at the San Siro one year and Bower Fold the next playing for Dagenham & Redbridge in non- league.

Always look out for Bruges results too for some unexplainable reason.

OUCH...you just called me an American Kopite. Portland have a great fanbase...love their passion...love that town. I lived there for a few years. Really loved it. I lived on the corner of 21st and Hoyt...AWESOME neighborhood. However, folks from Portland have this weird Napoleon complex with Seattle. Yes, Portland...your town is ace, but Seattle is better. Build another bridge and get over it already.

So long as you're not part of YNYA, you're Sound(er. haha.) - I guess Portland - Seattle is the NW version of Boston - NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back