What Did You Last Eat Thread

I'm having lamb stew, perfect for a hot day. :lol:
Posh Scouse! Lamb stew is really one of my favourites. Found a Jamie Oliver slow cooked shoulder recipe with mint and caper gravy many years ago and cook it quite often.

How expensive is lamb now? Paid about £25 for a shoulder (bone in) a few weeks ago from our local butcher, just a few years ago I always paid about £12 for it.

Posh Scouse! Lamb stew is really one of my favourites. Found a Jamie Oliver slow cooked shoulder recipe with mint and caper gravy many years ago and cook it quite often.

How expensive is lamb now? Paid about £25 for a shoulder (bone in) a few weeks ago from our local butcher, just a few years ago I always paid about £12 for it.
I bought a load of stewing lamb and beef that was reduced in price by 50%. So plenty more in the pipeline. I usually use neck of lamb which is cheap, stew it for a long time and it's tender as anything.

I bought a load of stewing lamb and beef that was reduced in price by 50%. So plenty more in the pipeline. I usually use neck of lamb which is cheap, stew it for a long time and it's tender as anything.
Sounds great and fantastic for freezing! Makes for a great Monday butty with plenty of mint sauce.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back