Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

What the hell is going on with some Blues?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they'll perform better - and there will be additions yet. But Everton's failure to provide a Plan B (again) is plain to see. And no matter how long the season goes on for the lack of pace (which you need from all over the team) just isn't there in sufficient numbers.

I said it before about Koeman: I have no faith in him building a team...especially an attacking unit within that team.
What do you mean by Everton failing to provide a plan B mate?

I think with a pacey and strong forward, which Koeman has hinted at getting, we will do fine in that respect, added to the squad with Mirallas, Lookman, Lennon and Bolasie (when he's back) they will all provide high levels of pace and Sandro, Klaassen, Coleman (when back), Holgate, Martina (from what I've seen), Davies, Dowell and Gueye aren't exactly sloths, not as fast as the first 4 I named but they all have a good burst and certainly aren't slow. There are more tactical ways to play the game than just relying on majority of your players having pace to burn. Most wingers in the league have pace in abundance and beat their man often but have no end product so it's all in vain.

Regarding Koemans ability to build an attacking unit, I have to disagree with you. Ok he's not setting the world a light with frequent 4 goal victories but he's had 3 seasons in the league with average teams bar the odd few players and in 114 league games his teams have scored 175 goals which is an average of around 1.5 goals per game if my maths is correct. Martinez' 3 seasons in the league with us yielded less goals, falling in at 168 gls in 114 league games and we actually scored 1 more goal last season (62 GF) than the we did the season we finished 5th (61 GF) with Martinez, yet you frequently sing his praises but not Koemans who's better defensively as well as offensively. Remember leagues have been won with a good defence and 1 nil victories.

There will be severe questions to answer if we dont progress from a paltry 61 points 7th spot and two terrible cup runs last season having spent a likely £150M-£160M this summer

I think it'll be a hard slog for us to be pushing for top 4 this season myself, with what we have now and what we have lost It'll prob be too soon for that but yes if we're splashing the cash your right to ask questions if no progress is made. We need to stop losing our best players whilst getting quality in over the next few windows as well then we can get somewhere. The prices are ridiculous now and we may have overpaid for some players time will tell but the net spend won't be that big so I'm not really seeing that much has changed for us to make that much progress this season but you never know.

I'm finding your posts as OTT as some of the negativity you are complaining about in here.

Things seem quite positive but there's still lots of points of debate in between OH MY GOD WE ARE RICH AND AMAZING and WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE.

There's not much tolerance of the possibility that either side of every discussion on here might be wrong.

The battle of the boring Positivity Clique Vs the silly Bedwetters is ruining every thread and neither side holds a candle to all powerful Fencesitters Sect.

Also taking reference from and reflecting on what you see on Facebook comments and Twitter is a bit silly sir.
Everton Facebook and Twitter pages/groups are a social media platform much like Grand Old Team mate so it's quite relevant.

If you're so annoyed about the negative posts and the positive posts why don't you start an on the fence thread?

I wouldn't class me saying that the club is moving forward more than it has in 30 years or more and saying we've had the best transfer window in years and reckoning we can win a pot this season as OTT but ok mate lol

£100M spent so far - and that performance the other night made most wonder wtf had become of the cash.

I was just watching highlights again and while we still look a bit rusty there were some lovely moves and we could easily have been 4 goals up. All of the lads we have just bought looked ok........

Everton Facebook and Twitter pages/groups are a social media platform much like Grand Old Team mate so it's quite relevant.

If you're so annoyed about the negative posts and the positive posts why don't you start an on the fence thread?

I wouldn't class me saying that the club is moving forward more than it has in 30 years or more and saying we've had the best transfer window in years and reckoning we can win a pot this season as OTT but ok mate lol

Sorry but there's a world of a difference between the quality of comment seen on FB and Twitter and a forum like this.(apart from some exceptions) I wouldn't be able to tolerate this place otherwise. Your second sentence would be well placed on FB for example.....if you dont like it start your own thread!!! (Don't start a thread and whine when somebody disagrees with you sir)

It's fine having the opinion you put in your final paragraph that there's nothing but positivity and peaches and cream but you should understand others don't see it as straightforward as that and would like to discuss it.

What is OTT is the lack of tolerance from one side that their Doomsday scenarios might not come about, and a similar lack of tolerance in threads such as this from the other side advising that any negative comment is ridiculous as you've decided everything is great about Everton right now.

I am preaching tolerance and love. Go forth and be kind.

Sorry but there's a world of a difference between the quality of comment seen on FB and Twitter and a forum like this.(apart from some exceptions) I wouldn't be able to tolerate this place otherwise. Your second sentence would be well placed on FB for example.....if you dont like it start your own thread!!! (Don't start a thread and whine when somebody disagrees with you sir)

It's fine having the opinion you put in your final paragraph that there's nothing but positivity and peaches and cream but you should understand others don't see it as straightforward as that and would like to discuss it.

What is OTT is the lack of tolerance from one side that their Doomsday scenarios might not come about, and a similar lack of tolerance in threads such as this from the other side advising that any negative comment is ridiculous as you've decided everything is great about Everton right now.

I am preaching tolerance and love. Go forth and be kind.
Thats a silly statement mate considering a fair bulk of this forum use Twitter and Facebook as a social media platform for all things Everton as well as whatever else they use it for. Even the forum itself, under the name of Grand Old Team, uses Twitter and Facebook.

You're the lad coming on complaining and whining about the thread lol to quote you "The battle of the boring Positivity Clique Vs the silly Bedwetters is ruining every thread and neither side holds a candle to all powerful Fencesitters Sect" so if you want a fence sitters thread why don't you start one was my suggestion. You can disagree with me all you like and I'll respond in kind, that's the whole point of social media, sharing opinions, news and 'funnies'!

Of course things can go wrong in the season, we may well finish 7th and not a single trophy to show for it... I'm as realistic as I am positive but I think the doomsday brigade are taking it a tad far, from Moshiri being called a fraud and being accused of bleeding the club dry to saying Koeman and Walsh are out of their depth and all our players are over priced garbage. There's being tolerant and there's saying to someone theyre full of complete tosh, same thing I'd say to someone claiming we're gonna win the league and go unbeaten...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back