Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

What the hell is going on with some Blues?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a silly statement mate considering a fair bulk of this forum use Twitter and Facebook as a social media platform for all things Everton as well as whatever else they use it for. Even the forum itself, under the name of Grand Old Team, uses Twitter and Facebook.

You're the lad coming on complaining and whining about the thread lol to quote you "The battle of the boring Positivity Clique Vs the silly Bedwetters is ruining every thread and neither side holds a candle to all powerful Fencesitters Sect" so if you want a fence sitters thread why don't you start one was my suggestion. You can disagree with me all you like and I'll respond in kind, that's the whole point of social media, sharing opinions, news and 'funnies'!

Of course things can go wrong in the season, we may well finish 7th and not a single trophy to show for it... I'm as realistic as I am positive but I think the doomsday brigade are taking it a tad far, from Moshiri being called a fraud and being accused of bleeding the club dry to saying Koeman and Walsh are out of their depth and all our players are over priced garbage. There's being tolerant and there's saying to someone theyre full of complete tosh, same thing I'd say to someone claiming we're gonna win the league and go unbeaten...

I was speaking more on the community that actually takes time to comment and argue in comments on Facebook and in twitter threads rather than social media in general. It's full of utter nonsense that would generally get run off here.

If somebody is calling Moshiri a fraud it is as a joke and a wind up. For me it's obvious. I don't read any posters who claim he is bleeding the club dry if they do it's an obvious windup. There is however plenty who aren't wholesale buying into the everything is awesome argument in regards to his time here. I think you might be taking a lot of windup posters too seriously.

Unless you started all this thread to basically complain about @davek without actually mentioning him?

I was just watching highlights again and while we still look a bit rusty there were some lovely moves and we could easily have been 4 goals up. All of the lads we have just bought looked ok........

We scraped a win from a Slovak team of no repute. Of course the team are still getting up to speed, but we have played 3 friendlies - two against better teams than Ruzomberok.

More concerning than that though is that having spent so much we can still see that the most important areas of the pitch are still exposed. A FW of repute and a CB to take over from the chronic Williams being the two obvious ones.

There's a lot to do and we look ropey and threadbare (apart from CM) even after spending a lot of cash.

We scraped a win from a Slovak team of no repute. Of course the team are still getting up to speed, but we have played 3 friendlies - two against better teams than Ruzomberok.

More concerning than that though is that having spent so much we can still see that the most important areas of the pitch are still exposed. A FW of repute and a CB to take over from the chronic Williams being the two obvious ones.

There's a lot to do and we look ropey and threadbare (apart from CM) even after spending a lot of cash.

When you spend lots of cash you normally would expect to have brought in some players that you'd be almost guaranteed to have a decent impact and move you on. Although even quality players can struggle in a new league. However we have a squad where honestly I would not be shocked if we had a bit of a crap season. It's not a feeling I'd expect after such an active summer, and there is more to come for sure, but I think this season we are stepping into the unknown and a lot of fans are in for a hard landing if it doesn't click as the transfers have everybody giddy.

The most common opinion I hear from mates who are fans of other clubs is that it's too much change and it will take a couple seasons to settle down......that won't be tolerated though and if we have an average or poor first few months the atmosphere will flip the other way very quickly.

BOTH positions that Big Ol' Ron has said we need to, and will, strengthen before the window is closed.

When you spend lots of cash you normally would expect to have brought in some players that you'd be almost guaranteed to have a decent impact and move you on. Although even quality players can struggle in a new league. However we have a squad where honestly I would not be shocked if we had a bit of a crap season. It's not a feeling I'd expect after such an active summer, and there is more to come for sure, but I think this season we are stepping into the unknown and a lot of fans are in for a hard landing if it doesn't click as the transfers have everybody giddy.

The most common opinion I hear from mates who are fans of other clubs is that it's too much change and it will take a couple seasons to settle down......that won't be tolerated though and if we have an average or poor first few months the atmosphere will flip the other way very quickly.
Pretty much echoes my own thoughts. But a lot of the season will come down to two things:

1/ who we get in before now and the end of the window
2/ how the team is set up - who goes where and whether they blend

I think we will get a big FW in to give us a plan B...what quality, though, I'm not sure of if all that cash is being wasted on Sigurdsson's signature; but I have little faith in him sorting a functioning team, and more especially finding an attack force that can replace Lukaku and Barkley's attacking prowess.

Yes, there's been lots of churn and that takes time to settle. But this has been his choice to sell so many players, so the buck stops with the manager. Lukaku was encouraged to go by him; Barkley was frozen out; he got shut of Deulofeu and he's sought to bring in a lot of bodies.

I was speaking more on the community that actually takes time to comment and argue in comments on Facebook and in twitter threads rather than social media in general. It's full of utter nonsense that would generally get run off here.

If somebody is calling Moshiri a fraud it is as a joke and a wind up. For me it's obvious. I don't read any posters who claim he is bleeding the club dry if they do it's an obvious windup. There is however plenty who aren't wholesale buying into the everything is awesome argument in regards to his time here. I think you might be taking a lot of windup posters too seriously.

Unless you started all this thread to basically complain about @davek without actually mentioning him?
There's a lot more than Davek saying such things so no it wasn't specifically pointed at him and he and I have already shared our opinions in this very thread and I'm still awaiting his reply to my last post to him, but anyway a quick sweep through the threads and it's not hard to see many people being irrational and completely negative based on very little and obviously some are messing but there's a good few being serious. Of course they're entitled to their opinions, as are you and I on here, hence the thread.

Regarding Facebook and Twitter, this forum can be equally full of nonsense from certain posters as much as other social media, again hence the thread, so still not seeing your point there.

..remember UCD. Remember what we went on to achieve in 1985.

I'm not saying this is the same but I think it's important to not get carried away on the findings of one game. If anything, I think Thursday helped manage expectation. I don't know how things will pan out but it's too early to make a definite judgement.

Lukaku was encouraged to go by him; Barkley was frozen out;

Go on, prove that Koeman encouraged Lukaku to go. There is no evidence, because you just made that up.

Barkley "frozen out" ? Again, not true. Despite the criticism that was coming the lad's way Koeman stuck with him for almost the entire season, and he played 36 PL games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back