Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

What the hell is going on with some Blues?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go on, prove that Koeman encouraged Lukaku to go. There is no evidence, because you just made that up.

Barkley "frozen out" ? Again, not true. Despite the criticism that was coming the lad's way Koeman stuck with him for almost the entire season, and he played 36 PL games.

You also don't tend to be offered new, improved contracts when you've been frozen out.

In theory we could be going for a striker with no European football to give them. Striker should have been well sorted by now.
I think we'll be in the group stages tbh and also, how should it have been sorted? We've bought Rooney and Sandro so far. Not so bad I reckon. Still looking for the big man but 20 goal a year strikers don't just fall out of trees.

..remember UCD. Remember what we went on to achieve in 1985.

I'm not saying this is the same but I think it's important to not get carried away on the findings of one game. If anything, I think Thursday helped manage expectation. I don't know how things will pan out but it's too early to make a definite judgement.
Yeah, the thing is though that 1984 preceded 1985 and we all could see HK had conjured up a new force in the English game. This lot cant be mentioned in the same breath.

Go on, prove that Koeman encouraged Lukaku to go. There is no evidence, because you just made that up.

Barkley "frozen out" ? Again, not true. Despite the criticism that was coming the lad's way Koeman stuck with him for almost the entire season, and he played 36 PL games.
Dont think many people would see it your way, tbf.

He was constantly hounding him in the media talking about how he wasn't a prospect anymore.

He was preparing the ground for removing him from the squad - and all talk of bumper wage offers are speculative.

It's almost like people have different opinions on things.
Of course mate and debate is healthy in all walks of life but some of the tripe I'm reading about EFC, well, it's just that, tripe. If it was reversed it'd be akin to people running around saying we're gonna do the treble this year and being serious about it. By no means is it all perfect at EFC but I think people have to be blind not to see that the club is on the up and moving in the right direction.

What do you mean by Everton failing to provide a plan B mate?

I think with a pacey and strong forward, which Koeman has hinted at getting, we will do fine in that respect, added to the squad with Mirallas, Lookman, Lennon and Bolasie (when he's back) they will all provide high levels of pace and Sandro, Klaassen, Coleman (when back), Holgate, Martina (from what I've seen), Davies, Dowell and Gueye aren't exactly sloths, not as fast as the first 4 I named but they all have a good burst and certainly aren't slow. There are more tactical ways to play the game than just relying on majority of your players having pace to burn. Most wingers in the league have pace in abundance and beat their man often but have no end product so it's all in vain.

Regarding Koemans ability to build an attacking unit, I have to disagree with you. Ok he's not setting the world a light with frequent 4 goal victories but he's had 3 seasons in the league with average teams bar the odd few players and in 114 league games his teams have scored 175 goals which is an average of around 1.5 goals per game if my maths is correct. Martinez' 3 seasons in the league with us yielded less goals, falling in at 168 gls in 114 league games and we actually scored 1 more goal last season (62 GF) than the we did the season we finished 5th (61 GF) with Martinez, yet you frequently sing his praises but not Koemans who's better defensively as well as offensively. Remember leagues have been won with a good defence and 1 nil victories.
@davek

Of course mate and debate is healthy in all walks of life but some of the tripe I'm reading about EFC, well, it's just that, tripe. If it was reversed it'd be akin to people running around saying we're gonna do the treble this year and being serious about it. By no means is it all perfect at EFC but I think people have to be blind not to see that the club is on the up and moving in the right direction.

I agree with you things are looking good, not perfect but good. And perhaps a little too early to go either way really.

But its important to not think people are wrong just because their opinion doesn't match your own.

I agree with you things are looking good, not perfect but good. And perhaps a little too early to go either way really.

But its important to not think people are wrong just because their opinion doesn't match your own.
Absolutely, completely agree with that hence why I started the thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back