Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

What the hell is going on with some Blues?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I'm trying not to get too carried away but I agree that the negativity is a bit silly. We're allowed to be excited. However, probably best to consider that us younger blues have had year after year of pure disappointment and eventually that seeps into your mentality. Like, there's about 20% of me that is literally just waiting for things to go wrong. lol.

I don't see that. At the moment Everton are weaker now than in May.

I like Keane. I don't see where the goals are going to come from.
When have you seen a better window in 20 odd years? Lukaku didn't want to stay, the money we could pay him would never match United, not for a good few years yet and the rest who have went out were dead wood. On the flip side we're bringing in talented young players, reinvesting the money plus more by the looks of it with the addition of some older experienced players (if we get Sigurdsson, Giroud and an experienced left CB, which Koeman has said he wanted) so Everton are not weaker that's a daft thing to say and with that statement you're basically saying all the players we've bought are rubbish and the ones who have left are better (barring Lukaku obviously)?

As for goals, Sandro scored 14 goals and got 3 assists in 28 games in a top league with a fairly average team, Rooney got 8 goals and 8 assists, Klaassen got 20 goals and 10 assists so not including the players in the team from last season there's a potential 42 goals and 21 assists if they keep their current form going, could even be better but even if they only hit half those numbers that's still Lukaku's goals covered before we've even brought in someone like Giroud and Sigurdsson who can score and create easily 25 to 30 goals between them. Food for thought. It's crap we've lost Lukaku and potentially Barkley but it's not like we're bringing in Championship yard dogs to replace them.

Personally, I'm trying not to get too carried away but I agree that the negativity is a bit silly. We're allowed to be excited. However, probably best to consider that us younger blues have had year after year of pure disappointment and eventually that seeps into your mentality. Like, there's about 20% of me that is literally just waiting for things to go wrong. lol.
Same mate only pot I've seen us lift was in 95! But the other 80% can clearly see the positives and is feeling hopeful of a trophy! So I don't get some of the madness being spouted and I don't get what it's being based on...

btw, loving the avatar mate, do I get royalties for it? lol lol

The original post says "what the hell is going on with some blues" and undoubtedly there are some blues with legitimate concerns.
Reading through the thread though it's obvious that some of the opinions expressed here originate from a seat in a big stand overlooking a pit.
:coffee:
Who's who? Time will tell. Eventually they all go too far and out themselves ;)
Not exactly sure what you mean with the slightly cryptic part of this post or if it's even directed at me but all I'm saying in the initial thread post is that it's fine to criticise and have different opinions etc but the stuff I'm reading on here from some would depress ya for being a Blue and most of it is completely unfounded angry shouts and over reactions when things for Everton fans are finally starting to look up in over 20 years. I've never seen a window where all the money from sales has been reinvested back into the team and not used in part to pay loans and theres more money to be invested in 3 to 4 players as it stands so I just don't get it is all I'm saying, if by Xmas after a ball has been more than kicked, we're outside the top 10 and doing terrible and if no more players are brought in this window, then I'll say the doom and gloom brigade had a solid point here maybe but until that happens I just don't get it all the fume and negativity based on very little or unavoidable things like Lukaku wanting out from day 1.

Not exactly sure what you mean with the slightly cryptic part of this post or if it's even directed at me but all I'm saying in the initial thread post is that it's fine to criticise and have different opinions etc but the stuff I'm reading on here from some would depress ya for being a Blue and most of it is completely unfounded angry shouts and over reactions when things for Everton fans are finally starting to look up in over 20 years. I've never seen a window where all the money from sales has been reinvested back into the team and not used in part to pay loans and theres more money to be invested in 3 to 4 players as it stands so I just don't get it is all I'm saying, if by Xmas after a ball has been more than kicked, we're outside the top 10 and doing terrible and if no more players are brought in this window, then I'll say the doom and gloom brigade had a solid point here maybe but until that happens I just don't get it all the fume and negativity based on very little or unavoidable things like Lukaku wanting out from day 1.

Certainly not directed at you. I'm agreeing with you and just guessing at why so many posts are so negative. My opinion (FWIW) is that there is more than a sprinkling of pinko's posting in this thread.

Certainly not directed at you. I'm agreeing with you and just guessing at why so many posts are so negative. My opinion (FWIW) is that there is more than a sprinkling of pinko's posting in this thread.
Could be right mate!

I am seeing shouts or top 4 and Europa league ... They are going to be disappointing if we don't find a goalscorer and quality creative midfielder

I have us finishing 7th again and hopefully a run to the last 8 of Europa league

When have you seen a better window in 20 odd years? Lukaku didn't want to stay, the money we could pay him would never match United, not for a good few years yet and the rest who have went out were dead wood. On the flip side we're bringing in talented young players, reinvesting the money plus more by the looks of it with the addition of some older experienced players (if we get Sigurdsson, Giroud and an experienced left CB, which Koeman has said he wanted) so Everton are not weaker that's a daft thing to say and with that statement you're basically saying all the players we've bought are rubbish and the ones who have left are better (barring Lukaku obviously)?

As for goals, Sandro scored 14 goals and got 3 assists in 28 games in a top league with a fairly average team, Rooney got 8 goals and 8 assists, Klaassen got 20 goals and 10 assists so not including the players in the team from last season there's a potential 42 goals and 21 assists if they keep their current form going, could even be better but even if they only hit half those numbers that's still Lukaku's goals covered before we've even brought in someone like Giroud and Sigurdsson who can score and create easily 25 to 30 goals between them. Food for thought. It's crap we've lost Lukaku and potentially Barkley but it's not like we're bringing in Championship yard dogs to replace them.
I knew Lukaku would be sold, and £90m is good money, but the only good signing that I am certain about is Keane. Sandro looks OK. Question marks about the rest.

It's understandable in my eyes. The trigger has been Barkley - people are trying to sugarcoat it, but we're losing one of the best young players of his generation because he doesn't want to stay. That doesn't inspire confidence in the 'project' as a whole.

Sure, it could be that Barkley is just an idiot, but we also lost Lukaku (whether that's a good thing or not is subjective) for the same reason.

Whereas we are replacing both with either an inferior player in Sigurdsson or a past his prime player in Rooney.

That said, I'm not in the doom and gloom crowd myself, but it depends on what happens between now and the end of August. Another decent centre half and a classy proven striker like Giroud and consider me content.

giphy.gif

I have been watching this team for a long time and i have never seen a successful side built up of superstars? every successful team has a player who, when subsequent generations look back would think 'how the hell did they manage to stay in that side'

I have posted similar on here before, but the last truly great Everton team consisted of an unknown striker from the scottish leagues, a dwarf alongside him supplemenetd by another injury prone past his best scot. The midfield was made up of a member of the rs reserve team, a has been crock from Bolton, a centre half we got from tranmere and an ex-binman fron Bury fc in goal.

A successful team is based on the right player for each postion, not the best player in each position. I get the impatience, because i know there are a Lot of fellow blues who have never known success. But lets see what this team is doing in ten games time shall we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back