What Was The Best Decade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 80's were great if you were not unemployed, sick or old. I was none of them, but looking back the 80's were the time when society was frowned upon and individual achievement was glorified.

A legacy that has lasted 30 years and created so many social problems today,

The 80's were great if you were not unemployed, sick or old. I was none of them, but looking back the 80's were the time when society was frowned upon and individual achievement was glorified.

A legacy that has lasted 30 years and created so many social problems today,

Yeah but Ferris Bueller had a day off and Tom Hanks went from being a kid to being an adult from using a machine at the fair/fare

FFS.

90's

The time when music festivals became amazing
The Word
TFI Friday
Cool Britania
Train Spotting
The Full Montey
The Premier League
Game On
Men Behaving Badly
Shooting Stars
The Fast Show
Knebworth : Oasis, Prodigy, Ocean Colour Scene, The Charlatans, Chemical Bros, Kula Shaker,
The Megadrive
The Snes
The White Room

80's - toffeejack was born (88) - obviously i dont remember the era, but the music and boss films created wins it. 90's was just full of tardy pop music which you cringely have to listen trough. forest gump is a great film fair play, i always wish i was born a few deaces earlier, living through hippy movements, real punk stage etc. instead i lived through goth's, emo's who cut themselves and now trash like one direction and the wanted. Nothing seems to happen these days, except seeing fat kids in public with their ipad, android, tablet and other techonolgies which blanks them from society most the time.

btw i'm only on got 24/7 atm because i'm unemployed and my job searches are done over the internet :P

I think that some are stretchng the 84-87 years into a decade. When you add in Thatcher as a downer to that great time then the 60's have it for me

There was no downside personally for me to the 60's what with Growing up, music, girls, beer, alex young, alan ball.

and who said the present gen x y or z or what ever is all me me me

Even on a broader front Wilson was in power and funnelling Industry into the area.

And as he said...We never lost the World Cup under a Labour Govmt

I know for a fact you could quit a job in Speke at 1.00 lunch time and have a new one by 2.00

MacMillan said it in 1959 and he was right.... We had never had it so good ( nor will we ever again )

Pity it didn't last

Apart for the Football

80's my arse.

Though I do give a nod to you if you were growing up in the 80, it's the growing up bit that makes it seem special

I think that some are stretchng the 84-87 years into a decade. When you add in Thatcher as a downer to that great time then the 60's have it for me

There was no downside personally for me to the 60's what with Growing up, music, girls, beer, alex young, alan ball.

Even on a broader front Wilson was in power and funnelling Industry into the area.

I know for a fact you could quit a job in Speke at 1.00 lunch time and have a new one by 2.00

MacMillan said it in 1959 and he was right.... We had never had it so good ( nor will we ever again )

Pity it didn't last

Apart for the Football

80's my arse.

Though I do give a nod to you if you were growing up in the 80, it's the growing up bit that makes it seem special

Shut up mate:
DeLorean_Launch.gif

Boss

Pity it didn't last

Apart for the Football

80's my arse.

Personally prefer the music and general pop culture of the 60s. I was born in 65 so I'm too young to remember it but Ace Everton teams and ace footie in general. Ball, Young, Pickering, Vernon, Harvey, Kendall, Labone. And also Best, Charlton, Law, Moore, Blanchflower, Bremner, Bell, Mullery, Clarke, Johnston, Pele, Eusebio, Riva, Albert, Muller, Beckenbaur, Yashin.

The you had the Beatles, Stones, Kinks, Who, Small Faces, Yardbirds, Hendrix, Dylan, Redding, Morrison, Joplin, Mitchell, Sly, Aretha, Marvin

First man on the moon, Woodstock, JFK, Martin Luther King, Cassius Clay, Gary Sobers, England winning the WC, Long haired girls with loads of drugs and an open mind, practically full employment and a general sense of hope and optimism for the future.

Give me the 60s any time.

Personally prefer the music and general pop culture of the 60s. I was born in 65 so I'm too young to remember it but Ace Everton teams and ace footie in general. Ball, Young, Pickering, Vernon, Harvey, Kendall, Labone. And also Best, Charlton, Law, Moore, Blanchflower, Bremner, Bell, Mullery, Clarke, Johnston, Pele, Eusebio, Riva, Albert, Muller, Beckenbaur, Yashin.

The you had the Beatles, Stones, Kinks, Who, Small Faces, Yardbirds, Hendrix, Dylan, Redding, Morrison, Joplin, Mitchell, Sly, Aretha, Marvin

First man on the moon, Woodstock, JFK, Martin Luther King, Cassius Clay, Gary Sobers, England winning the WC, Long haired girls with loads of drugs and an open mind, practically full employment and a general sense of hope and optimism for the future.

Give me the 60s any time.

Truffleshuffle.gif

90's - quentin tarantino, nirvana, blur, prodigy, the internet, joe parkinson, labour(till it went tits up), glastonbury, irvine welsh,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back