What was your favourite moment with Martinez at the helm?

What was your favourite moment with Martinez at the helm?

• Transfer Deadline Day 2013

• 1-0 Chelsea

• ManUtd 0-1

• 3-0 Arsenal

• 2-0 ManUtd

• Signing Lukaku permanently (+ Barkley contract)

• 4-1 Wolfsburg

• Liverpool 1-1

• Wolfsburg 0-2

• "Money can't buy everything"

• 3-1 Chelsea

• 2-0 Chelsea

• Something else

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
His first season. It was exciting and worth spending money to watch us play football.

I've been so frustrated with Martinez recently it's going to take a while before I can look back fondly at the good things he did.

In all fairness to Martinez I think for me it was when Moshiri got involved. On here for years we've all been talking about the club getting taken over, investors and a new stadium. It finally happened in true Everton style and suddenly the game changed. Maybe the players felt it too.

Sorry Bobby. :(

Surely Howard was our Man of the Match.

So were the statistics really misleading? Didn't they in fact reveal the flaws that would lead to Roberto's departure?

Home Team Everton Away Team VfL Wolfsburg
Possession Home 49% Away 51%
Shots Home 12 Away 27
Shots on Target Home 7 Away 13
Corners Home 1 Away 8
Fouls Home 11 Away 7

And some fans expressed their doubts on the night too; Join the debate at #bbcfootball
Aled Northcott: Is it just me or does this scoreline completely flatter Everton tonight?

John Pierce: We been battered in the 2nd half. Work to do defensively for Everton.

Gareth, from Exeter via text: How many 3-0 wins do you get where the keeper is a genuine shout for man of the match?

No offence mate but this post is illogical. I say that the statistics were misleading and you contest that by posting the statistics? Did you actually watch the game? My brother didn't, he saw the stats after the game and said something along the lines of the three examples you've quoted. The reality is that Everton were utterly superior until they went 3-0 up after 50 minutes and took the foot off the gas. Then Wolfsburg have about 20 shots in 20 minutes and none of them (if memory serves) were clear cut, we go 4-0 on the counter and they score a freekick in injury time. If it isn't too much to ask, just trust me on this one.

are you watching, Davis Moyes?
are you watching, Davis Moyes?

in hindsight turned out a bit crappy, but in the moment back then it was ace

Why is the 1-1 draw with Liverpool there? Seriously? :Blink:

The 3-3 was wildly more entertaining, but ffs draws with them shouldn't be anywhere close to being considered one of his best moments here. Or anyone that manages us.

We'll always have Old Trafford
We-ll-always-have-Paris-casablanca-9495176-720-540.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back