What was your favourite moment with Martinez at the helm?

What was your favourite moment with Martinez at the helm?

• Transfer Deadline Day 2013

• 1-0 Chelsea

• ManUtd 0-1

• 3-0 Arsenal

• 2-0 ManUtd

• Signing Lukaku permanently (+ Barkley contract)

• 4-1 Wolfsburg

• Liverpool 1-1

• Wolfsburg 0-2

• "Money can't buy everything"

• 3-1 Chelsea

• 2-0 Chelsea

• Something else

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is the 1-1 draw with Liverpool there? Seriously? :Blink:

The 3-3 was wildly more entertaining, but ffs draws with them shouldn't be anywhere close to being considered one of his best moments here. Or anyone that manages us.

apart from the 4-4...probably my all-time favourite game

That's not a question !

When it clearly was you sodding doughnut - but luckily enough we all know the answer now anyway!

The end of the 2013/14 season. Despite me thinking appointing him was a bad move, to see us playing so well for most of the season, I was hopeful of the future.

He seems like a really nice guy and wish him well wherever he goes next.

Old Trafford for me beating Arsenal and Chelsea were great but we have done that before, that was a rare win and first for me at Old T.

I really thought 3-0 Arsenal was Martinez's masterpiece. The tactics he employed with Rom on the right were brilliant and unexpected. If that had continued I might have found myself saying, "what a manager!"

3-2 at West Ham when Rom knocked himself out..
some of the Europa games - home and away to Wolfsburg and YBB, also Lille home.

Arsenal 3-0, just - the best moment - tho' United away and home were both very sweet (as was 3-0 vs LVGs lot as well).

Not 3-0 Arsenal, but the same game when we went 2-0 up and Lukaku made a beeline to him and they embraced. It truly seemed then that we were on the verge of big things under him and the team was settled, it looked as if things could only get better.

Seems ironic that the highlight game was also arguably his high point as manager. Despite some odd good moments, he never quite got it right after that game, and all too often we saw things snowball towards the inevitability of today's news.

A very nice man, and that should stiil be a compliment, a man who behaved with dignity and brought enthusiasm and vigour initially, and made time for supporters. I particularly liked the way he recognised our legends particularly Royle and Kendall and made every effort to understand our history. Represented us superbly at Hillsborough memorial events.

He was Everton manager, held that famed and daunting mantle, and is a part of our history, good and bad. The brown shoes and all, and that swing of his arm to celebrate a goal.

Good luck to you Roberto, take a break and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back