What would be your derby lineup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The style of football and footballer I like is not fashionable at all in today's modern attitude to what football is. I fully accept that by the way

It's not about whether Oviedo is fashionable or not, it's about the fact he's not a particularly great footballer. He's not shown anything to suggest he is even close to any of our first team.

One reason for starting Deulofeu is that Cissokho looks seriously turd at left back for them. However, if Enrique plays I'd stick with Mirallas and Pienaar as I worry Enrique would power Deulofeu out of the game.

I hope as most here do, that it will be the recent team with Barkley coming in for Osman.

Howard
Coleman jags distin Baines
Mirallas McCarthy Barry Naismith
Barkley
Lukaku

Pienaar has no end product 90% of the time these days, Naismith started the season well and deserves a game.

It's not about whether Oviedo is fashionable or not, it's about the fact he's not a particularly great footballer. He's not shown anything to suggest he is even close to any of our first team.

He's barely played but he's looked fine whenever I've seen him

Got unfairly slated for the Fulham game I think

It's very typical of us really. Young player gets a game, doesn't set the world on fire and all of a sudden he's rubbish. We've done it to so many youngsters now I've lost count

I just don't like Deulofeu mate. He never passes and always wants to be the center of attention

Oviedo is more of a team player. Those are the players I prefer

I agree on Deulofeu, to be honest.

But I'd throw Naismith on ahead of Oviedo, especially in a derby. Naismith's alright this season.

It's not rubbish mate

He's a greedy little sod

He passed a fair bit against CP...until it was obvious no one was making runs or getting in position.

I think he's just quick to give up on passing when it isn't working, not that he doesn't pass. And honestly, against Palace, he shouldn't have been passing, he was the only one that looked to score.

Any yeah, I know he's young, but he does it all the time. And he's not that young either. He plays like an 8 year old on the school playing fields

He'll be starting for Barca in a few years mate.

And I hope we get to see why.

So for that reason he's above Naismith and Oviedo in the pecking order for me.

It is rubbish Mikey.

He has a great eye for a pass. Please see his ball to Naismith for the goal at Fulham as the example and the many decent crosses he's whipped across as your examples.

He is greedy yes. But not at the expense of the team over himself.

Do you really think he'd even get a place on the bench if that's what Martinez thought of him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back