Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Who do you blame?

Who do you blame?

• The Board

Votes: 123 67.6%
  • Rom

Votes: 59 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goat

Player Valuation: £380m
The fall out from Romgate has been bouncing around the forum, its hard to gauge the true feeling due to the volume of posts, just an interesting poll from my POV to see which side of the fence everybody sits on.

Ironically there will be no fence option, its a straight up brawl.

Option 1 - The Board - Lots of pie in the sky talk in the meeja, no doubt most coming from within the club, sometimes even quotes from Moshiri, promised war chests of 100m, its not enough to be a museum, monopoly money, Jim White chatting bubbles, certain posters on social media and fan forums blowing Moshiris trumpet. Outcome = A projected net spend of minus 8m over 2 transfers windows, ambition shown=ZERO, Stadiums built=ZERO.

Option 2 - Lukaku - A player in the form of his life, scoring superfotgols for fun, a young hungry player who wants to see the club progress, the actions of the Board are not matching the words from their mouths. A player showing ambition to kick on.

Now granted, the OP shows which side of the fence I sit on, but everybody has a vote, I realise theres loads of topics on this subject, but would be nice if we could gauge peoples views in terms of actual numbers, so hopefully this thread isnt merged for at least a day or 2 just to get a strawpoll.

The fall out from Romgate has been bouncing around the forum, its hard to gauge the true feeling due to the volume of posts, just an interesting poll from my POV to see which side of the fence everybody sits on.

Ironically there will be no fence option, its a straight up brawl.

Option 1 - The Board - Lots of pie in the sky talk in the meeja, no doubt most coming from within the club, sometimes even quotes from Moshiri, promised war chests of 100m, its not enough to be a museum, monopoly money, Jim White chatting bubbles, certain posters on social media and fan forums blowing Moshiris trumpet. Outcome = A projected net spend of minus 8m over 2 transfers windows, ambition shown=ZERO, Stadiums built=ZERO.

Option 2 - Lukaku - A player in the form of his life, scoring superfotgols for fun, a young hungry player who wants to see the club progress, the actions of the Board are not matching the words from their mouths. A player showing ambition to kick on.

Now granted, the OP shows which side of the fence I sit on, but everybody has a vote, I realise theres loads of topics on this subject, but would be nice if we could gauge peoples views in terms of actual numbers, so hopefully this thread isnt merged for at least a day or 2 just to get a strawpoll.

image.webp

LOL

I applaud Roms sentiment and agree wholeheartedly with much of what he apparently said. But I expect all of our players to be consummate professionals both on and off the pitch and think he could have easily had the effect he desired behind closed doors - and without fuelling all of these brain dead whoppers across the country that call themselves professional journalists.

Lukaku: board's ambition.

Koeman: up to the board in dealing with the contract.

That's pretty much obvious.

3) the media.

Rom's article has been overblown so much, it's now a devastating attack on Everton, he's now a 'want-away striker', he's 'refusing to sign' (clearly no such thing as ongoing negotiations) etc.

No party is innocent, but it's been blown out of all proportion by the usual suspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back